Reward/sticker charts?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Fran27, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I need some for potty training but haven't found any I really liked... Does anyone have recommendations?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just used a Post It calendar (the type that I can stick to my fridge and rip the pages off) and gave the kids a choice of putting the stickers on their shirt or placing them on the calendar...they usually chose the calendar.

3. kgar

kgar Well-Known Member

I surprisingly found a pretty large selection at OfficeMax. So check the office supply stores, if you haven't already.

4. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

If you have a parent/teacher store nearby they will have a load of charts and stickers. That's where I always pick mine up. I just picked up a simple chart that had about 16 squares on it and then found some cute sparkly stickers. You could easily create your own in an excel program or on a document program.

5. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

I just used a legal size sheet of paper and some random, but fun stickers. The dollar section at Target had some stickers. I taped the paper to a door. The kids loved getting stickers. The stickers were such a hit that they forgot about the chocolate chips they had been getting.

6. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

I got mine at Walgreens. Smiley faces for pee and stars for poop. The boys loved it! They'd also get the option of putting stickers on them, but I found I liked having the chart so I know when they last went so I'd give them a sticker to wear and one for the chart. Sometimes they'd want the sticker they were wearing on the chart. I'd just pile them on the chart so I don't get confused as to what they did.

7. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I just either made a "calendar" chart in Excel or took a blank calendar and then I'd put it on the appropriate day... it was a great reminder for me the progress they were making, of course they may also like the sticker for them too... good luck!

8. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

I let the kids make their own. I gave them posterboard, put their picture on it so they could remember whose was whose, let them color on it, and then let them pick out a sticker from a cheap sticker book I got each time I tell them they earned a sticker and let them put it on themselves (it is a mess, but they are proud of it). We are working on counting so it helps with that - we count how many we have and when we get to ten they get a "special treat." So far the treat they have chosen is to have a birthday cupcake with a candle (pink for dd, blue for ds by request), and balloons and we sing Happy Birthday. They love it for some reason and it is fairly inexpensive and "somehow" they always end up earning their 10th sticker by the weekend and we have a little mini-party!