Riding low...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by JessicaHollenbeck, Sep 25, 2013.

Hi ladies!
    Question for you...I am 29 weeks and I went to the doc yesterday and our little twin boy is riding very low in my tummy. Our little girl is on top of him. Fluid on both babies is excellent and my cervix is measuring perfect. I am just so worried that he is so low! The doc said just continue to rest because with him being so low it's puts me at higher risk to go earlier. He is also in a very awkward position which looks uncomfortable but the doc said he has seen babies in weird positions before. Have any of your twins been in weird positions in the womb? I just feel like sometimes this pregnancy can be and has been so stressful and makes me worry a lot because you just don't know what to expect! I have had emotional times where I cry and I just want to know if anyone else has ever experienced this. This is my first pregnancy.
    Thanks so much :)

1. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by weird position? My daughter was on the lower side and she was breech the whole pregnancy - she never had room to flip. I delivered them with a scheduled C-Section - 37 weeks 5 days - they were  6 pounds 5 oz each and no NICU or other issues. Hang in there, don't over think every little detail, just relax, drink lots of water and enjoy this pregnancy as much as you can, it goes faster than you think. I hope you have no issues and you can make it as long as possible.

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

/sings

All my friends know the low rider
    the low rider is a little higher
    Low rider drives a little slower
    Low rider is a little goer

Alice was squished breech up against some bone for several weeks and it shaped her head weirdly which just progressed to a really nice flat spot that she still has at age 6.  So that would be my only concern about baby yoga. 

3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I remember my Baby A being super low during my pregnancy.  I always felt like I was sitting on him, that he was going to fall out, always felt a lot of pressure from him, etc.  My doctor never mentioned anything about that possibly making me go into labor early, and mine were born at 40 weeks.  Not sure I would worry about it if I were you! :)  But any excuse to take it easy and rest is a good one!

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My baby A was breech with baby B sitting on his head. B still likes to sit on his head at 4. My singleton was head down and very low- it was not terribly comfortable but she was born at 40 weeks.

As to the crying- you have triple hormones. It's very normal. :)