Roseola Virus

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by annabell, Jul 29, 2007.

1. annabell

annabell Well-Known Member

So DS has the Roseola Virus. He had a high fever for 3 days and now he has the rash. The poor guy has it everywhere. How long does the rash go on for? The web articles say anywhere from 48 hours to 7 days. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

2. 2blessed

2blessed Well-Known Member

Oh yes! A year of so ago, Kalyna had the same thing, really high fever for about 3-4 days and than the rash outbreak when the fever broke. It does not bother them, just looks horrible. I cannot remember the length of time that it lasted.

3. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

When my guys had it, I think the rash lasted 3-4 days. It looked bad but they didn't seem to care and I was just glad that the high fever was finally gone.

4. attebow

attebow Active Member

We just went through this with one of them a month ago - and now we are going through it with the other one! The fever was 3 - 4 days, then followed by the rash for another 3 - 4 days. It looks terrible - but they feel better every day! Good luck!

5. Stephe

Stephe Guest

Eli had it and it lasted about 2 1/2 days I think. It would flare up, get better a little and flare again.

6. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

Two of my boys had it before and the rash usually lasted for 3 days.

7. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Ours usually lasts 3-5 days...unfortunately we've had 2 bouts with it already.

8. annabell

annabell Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. He woke up this morning and the rash is gone. Three days. So now we wait and see id DD gets it. Hope not. :rolleyes: