s/o teacher gifts

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by MichelleL, May 14, 2012.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Now that we've chatted about some good ideas for teacher gifts, I was wondering what you do for the aide. Obviously, the teacher has many more responsibilities than the aide, but in our school the aides do A LOT!!!!

So what sort of gifts do you give them? What do you spend?

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I spend the same on the aide as I do the teacher. Like you said, the aide (at least at our school) does just as much as the teacher, IMO, so I give them a gift of equal value. At the end of the year, it's usually a gift card somewhere. I would love to be more creative, but it just isn't happening.

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I was planning on getting the girls' teachers and aides the same thing. And maybe something small for their gym, art, and music teachers too (home made card). M has an additional aide in her class for one little boy, but lately she has said that Mrs F reads to all of them, helps in the class, etc etc, so I think she'll be on the list for a something small to show our thanks for all she does.

4. MichelleL

Oh :faint: my :faint: gosh. I forgot about all those teachers, and my girls also have another aide like the one you described. And one of mine is in a special reading group, so what about her? And and and :woah:
    That just added 7 more. :faint: can I just buy a huge tray of cannolis? :laughing:

5. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Only if you are sending them to me...

I don't buy for music, art, gym, library teachers....it just gets to be too much!

As for the aides, I get them a small gift card ($5-$10) to DD or Starbucks (the kids can usually tell me if they are carrying around coffee cups every day).

6. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, I will give you my shipping address. . .

Twice in one day! I :wub: Mike's Pastries. :rotflmbo:

1 person likes this.
  7. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

We just have parent volunteers that come into the class not an actual aide.

I buy the teacher a $20 gift, and the 3 teachers that stand out front in the morning get a $5 starbucks card each. I stoppeed buying for music, art etc because I was spending over $100.

8. MichelleL

:gah: I don't know what to do. I agree with you all though, it gets to be pricey. I was thinking $5 Dunkins for each "extra" that I have listed...that's $50 right there before even considering principal, secretary, teacher, and aide!! I mean, no amount of money would be enough to show my appreciation for how well they've taken care of my babes this year. :cry:

And ladies...get your tushies up here to Boston, there are some AWESOME places to get Cannoli's!! :Clap:

9. MichelleL

Have you ever tried Modern? Mike's is all hype... ;)

10. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You know, Chelley, this is not a bad idea. If you are really wanting to thank all of those people, how about buying gifts for their actual teachers, then taking in a tray of goodies of some sort & asking the teacher to put them in the break room with a note or a card from your girls? I actually think they would all love that! Of course, my kids go to a fairly small school, if yours is huge it might not work as well....

ETA Or what about little cellophane bags with a baked good of some sort in each & a note attached? The girls could just drop one off with whoever they wanted to thank.

11. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I like this idea especially if you are including principal, office staff, etc. I'm going to have my girls make home made cards and maybe we'll make some cookies and put in little bags.

12. Lougood

Lougood Well-Known Member

For Teacher's appreciation week I bought a big pack of Hershey's bars and printed (from pinterest) wrappers with their names on them saying something like "Thank you Mrs. So and so, for raising the Bar. They all loved it. :pardon: It DOES get to be too much. I got both their teachers a gift card and a personalized Tervis cup and the aide a GC and some chocolates. Everyone else got a chocolate bar. I like the idea of a tray of goodies too!

13. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Dropping off a tray of goodies for the staff is a great idea. I know at my school we have had a few parents drop off goodies over the year for all the staff to share in the lounge. They always let us know who sent in the treat.

14. MichelleL

I LOVE YOU!!!!
    This is brilliant and EXACTLY what I'm going to do!! Just a small token of appreciation, without having to spend trillions. :lol:

Yes, their school is small enough (only Pre-K, K, 1, and 2) that I could send in a tray of something. BUT...I am there on Weds. afternoons copying, which is in the teacher's lounge, and I see how much stuff people send in. I'm SURE they appreciate it, but they get a lot. I wanted it to be a little more personal. KWIM?

15. tinalb

:wub: :air_kiss:

16. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Get a room you two.

:p

17. MichelleL

:laughing: Nah, we like PDA. :spiteful:

1 person likes this.
  18. tinalb

For anyone looking for just a small token of thanks, I saw these this morning & thought they were a great idea!! And they are something the kids could easily help put together.

2 people like this.
  19. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Oh I like that idea, Tina!