Sand and Water Tables

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Hillybean, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Hillybean

Hillybean Well-Known Member

I am thinking of getting the girls a sand and water table for the girls. I have a friend who has the Little Tykes with the umbrella (which she likes) but she says the table is rickety. I saw one made by Step 2 that looks similar and has an umbrella.

So, if you have a sand and water table do you like it? Was is worth the $$? Do they really need both or would just water be fun?

Thanks!!

2. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

I like having mine seperate. They can always play in the sandbox, but I do not want them to get wet everytime.

3. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

personally I would not buy a sand and water table b/c I dont want a mud table. The boys have theStep 2 Water Wheel table and they love it. its very sturdy, they were both standing in it last year and it never moved. If you wanted to have sand aswell I personally would get a seperate sand box.

Good Luck!

4. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

Funny question because we are outside right now and the girls are playing with theirs right now. It's the first time since the weather turned cold. We have the Step 2 one with the red/beige striped umbrella. I think it was definitely worth the money and the girls really enjoy playing with it. We buy the sand at Lowes so if they get it ruined/messy from the water, I don't care. It's super cheap. Yes, it's messy, but clothes dry and nothing stains. Right now I didn't put the water in it because it's still a bit chilly out, but you just have to understand that it will be messy. We keep it on our deck so I can sit at our table on the computer while they play.

5. Spencerstacy

Spencerstacy Well-Known Member

We love ours so much! It is a Little Tikes- I bought if on Craigslist for $15!!!!! It has 2 sides, one for water, one for sand- we just put water in both sides. When the girls get bigger we will put rice instead of sand so they don't get sand in their eyes.

6. LanieK

LanieK Well-Known Member

We love ours!!! We have the step 2 w/ umbrella. We got it for their 1st birthday and just put water in both sides. They both have a side to play with. When it was cold- we put dry oatmeal, or rice in both sides and lots of little shovels and cups- they had a ball!!!!! Now, we recently had some warm weather and I put ice in it for something else fun!!! I think it was so worth the money! You can put little cars in it or put the lid on and keep it secure as well. So we have had it for a year and I am sure it will last a few more. My 8 year old even likes playing with the boys with the table.

lanie

7. Joanna G

Joanna G Well-Known Member

We have the Step 2 with the umbrella. I bought it 2 years ago & my boys can't wait until spring so they can play with it again. I fill it with both sand & water. They get messy, but it's easy to clean up. Ours is on the grass. Dh gets tired of moving it when he has to mow the grass though.

8. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have the folding sand and water one think by little tykes. I don't love it, only since it is too hard to open up properly.

9. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I was going to get them a sand and water table last summer, but MIL ended up buying them a sand table she found for an awesome price. Now I'm glad, because if sand and water were mixed it would just be a big mess.

I am thinking of getting them a separate water table for this summer though.

10. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

We bought a water/sand table with umbrella and picnic bench with umbrella set at Sam's club. We bought it over the winter, so it hasn't been used yet, but I'm planning on using it only for water until they are at least 4 and can leave the sand out of the water... or at least try to! (like the pp said... no mud table!) I just noticed another pp said she would rice rather than sand... that's a good idea! We used to put different things in the water table at the day care... dried corn kernels was a fun one! (ok... I'm straying and becoming a post-jacker!)
    Helen