Say hello to my little twins!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cajunbaby78, Feb 5, 2010.

1. cajunbaby78

cajunbaby78 Member

Hello! I am a happily married 31 yr old mother of four. I have fraternal twin girls named Jaden and Jessie. They just turned 3 in November. As you can tell from the picture even though they are fraternal it is hard to tell them apart for most people including grandparents. lol They were born at 37 weeks weighing 5lbs 11oz and 6lbs 1 oz. Thankfully everything was great and they came home right away. We live in Louisiana (WHO DAT! Geaux Saints!) and also have two other children. Jimmy is our oldest son at 13 yrs old. Jacob is 6 yrs old. So there you have it two boys two girls. The perfect family .... sure as long as you dont come to my house without calling first! LOL We have many crazy yank my hair out adventures and I wouldnt change it for the world! I am excited to have found this website and hope I make some great friends
    Jaden & Jessie

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:welcome: to Twinstuff! Your girls are adorable! I can't believe that they are not identical. Did you get them tested?

3. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS!! OMGosh, your girls are SO adorable!!

4. cajunbaby78

cajunbaby78 Member

Thanks to you both. I did have their placentas tested. The doctor told me they were fraternal and then after she delivered them she said...they need to be tested. lol So they are fraternal. I can see alot of differences in them. But even their grandparents cant tell them apart. It makes for funny times.

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:welcome: to TS. Adorable girls!!

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:welcome: I have very fraternal twin girls who are about to turn 3. Its a fun age, isn't it?

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Hi!!! Welcome to TS!

Oh they are adorable!!! I would not be able to tell those two apart either! My girlies just turned 3!

8. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I'm not the expert on testing, but I thought that if babies had two placentas and the same blood type, the only way to be sure whether they are identical or fraternal is to do a DNA test?

I am certain that two placentas does not always equal fraternal, since 30% of double placenta births are identical.

Either way, your daughters are adorable!

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: to TS! Your girls are beautiful :wub:

10. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert either, but I think the numbers are more like 10% of di/di twins are identical. I believe the way it's broken down is 30% of all twin pg are identical and of that number, 30% are di/di, which would mean of all double placenta births only 10% or so are identical... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, your girls are adorable and if you haven't had a DNA test I would recommend one because they look awfully identical to me!! :)

11. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS!!! Your girls are gorgeous! Have you had them DNA tested because they look more identical than my DNA tested identicals. My girls also had two placentas.

12. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Love that red hair - your girls are gorgeous! Welcome to TS!

13. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Aaawww... :wub: you have 2 precious little girls! Welcome to TS!!

14. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Such cutie pies! Welcome!!

15. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Welcome to Twinstuff!! Your girls are adorable! :wub:

16. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I love "Carlito's Way". Great movie!

Assuming, of course, that is what I was supposed to be thinking of when you said your title.

LOL.

Hi, twins and welcome :)

17. cajunbaby78

cajunbaby78 Member

Thanks for the compliments! Your babies are adorable as well. I am wondering if I should go ahead and have the dna test. One of our daughters is actually left handed and the other right..which I have heard about mirror image twins. Yes two placentss can still mean they are identical but they actually sent the placenta to a lab and had it tested...I have no idea how. I had never heard of it before the Dr suggested it. I dont think it is as accurate as the dna test though.

18. cajunbaby78

cajunbaby78 Member

Yes it was I was just being silly. lol I have a weird sense of humor probably! lol

19. cajunbaby78

cajunbaby78 Member

Ok I think I am def gonna have mine dna tested...you have all convinced me! lol

20. cajunbaby78

cajunbaby78 Member

When parents of just singletons ask me if it is fun...I always answer it may not always be fun but it is def always interesting. But yes I am having alot of fun. I am just amazed at their imaginations at this age. I have two older boys but it seems like because the girls had each other to play with they learned alot more at a quicker rate...I am loving it!

21. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS :) I would definately get a DNA test done. they look so ID. and yes i agree with the others. having the placentas come back fraternal does not mean your twins are fraternal. they could be identical. Your girls are gorgeous. :wub:

22. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

Hi welcome! Your girls are so sweet! I would also have to vote identical. My boys had a fused plactena which they had tested and it came back "fraternal" I had my guys DNA tested and sure enough they are identical :)

23. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Your girls are BEAUTIFUL and very much identical! My boys were di/di. So we tested them at 4.5 months of age. And yep, they are identical! I'm so glad we went ahead and tested them. My OB is still running on the old school thought that two placentas means fraternal. I had to update him, lol. I used www.dnasolutions.com for $99. I totally recommend it!!!

24. pamallhoney

I think. Or is it that 10% of all twins are di/di identical? Oh man now I'm confused. Although I wonder if it's a little higher, because if I didn't get my twins tested I would have gone with my Dr. who said fraternal. So I wonder how many parents just haven't tested their di/di same sex twins because a Dr. said they could only be fraternal?

25. pamallhoney

From what I understand they only test to make sure of the number of placentas. My pathology report of the placenta just said - two fused placentas. They never did a DNA test.

26. pamallhoney

One more thing :) I want a baby with red hair! And you have two! All my siblings and I have red hair, but none of our kids do. :(

27. lleddinger

lleddinger Well-Known Member

Your girls are gorgeous!! I also think you need to do the DNA test, they are totally ID! They look more alike than my grandsons who were mo/di id's. What day in November were they born? My grandsons turned 3 on November 29th..

28. cajunbaby78

cajunbaby78 Member

Thank you! They were born on November 7. We stayed four days in hospital and had to come home and throw a birthday party for one of my other sons who was turning 3 on Nov 12. lol

29. cajunbaby78

cajunbaby78 Member

My six year old son and my 13 yr old sons are both blondes. My mom laughs because when I was little I used to say when I grow up Im gonna have twin red headed girls. Of course I wss gonna name them Stephanie and Elizabeth...but I chenged that part obviously. lol

30. cajunbaby78

cajunbaby78 Member

Is there a medical reason to knowing if they are identical or not. I mean they prob would want to know. I am just wondering if they need to know for some medical reasons. Just curious.

31. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I don't know of any medical reason- just that it is the MOST frequently asked question that you and your girls will get. My twin and I didn't know if we were id or not and finally got a DNA test in our early 30's... to know for sure is the most amazing thing (especially since we didn't know for so many years.) I would def get the test- to know with certainty is really great!! :)

32. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

:welcome: to TS!!! Your girls are beautiful!! I have a red head too :wub: