scared to death

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by bray64015, Feb 25, 2008.

1. bray64015

bray64015 Well-Known Member

ok so Friday went to L & D and thought I would be sent home shortly after getting checked out...WRONG I was having contractions every two minutes, I would say 1 in 5 I had to breath through. I was given a shot of trabuldaline(sp?) and two bags of IV fluid and checked for a UTI which was negative, a finger tip dialated and long thiick cervix. 5 hours later nothing had changed so they sent me home told me to take it easy over the weekend, Saturday was pretty bad I stayed on the couch all day and the just kept coming and yesterday was much better and today is so so. I called to talk to my Dr and a random nurse took my call and said just to keep my appt Thursday, I am worried, scared and everything else that comes along with early labor....PLEASE any help to ease my mind would be great....

2. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I have never gone into labor on my own, but I hope everything is ok. I know it is so hard to worry about everything. But just wanted to send you :hug99: while someone with more experience is hopefully replying to you.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug99: You are far enough along that your babies would probably be fine if delivered. That said, you obviously want to keep them baking as long as possible!! Taking it easy is the best thing. Can you try and get a call from your doctor? Keep drinking & relaxing! I hope your contractions go away!

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:hug99: I started having contractions at 24 weeks and had too many L&D trips to count. One thing one of the L&D residents said was "You can't cry wolf too many times. If you are concerned and don't feel right, call and come back." If you are concerned, call your doctor again and get him/her on the phone to make the determination if you can wait until Thursday. After 10 weeks of bedrest, terbutaline, procardia, and mag sulfate, I was able to hold off until 34 weeks... I hope you can do the same if not longer. GL!!! Drink lots of water and stay off your feet.

5. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

:hug99: That is so scary, I am sorry.

I would call my doc and insist on coming in if it would make you feel better. Thursday is just too far away.

Drinks TONS of water and rest rest rest!

6. yaniah

yaniah Well-Known Member

I wish you luck, and hope you can keep those little ones cooking a little while longer.

7. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I agree with the pps, if you think it's starting again GO IN! Even if you have to go to L&D first instead of calling the DR. On my third trip to L&D I couldn't get ahold of the Dr so I just went. Turns out they couldn't stop my labor and the boys arrived. Your little ones really need to cook longer. My PTL started at 20 wks but with complete bedrest and meds I made it to 33 wks. But I did have trips to L&D and extra ones to the Dr. They need to watch you carefully. I hope your feeling better by now, but if not don't be scared about going in. You know your body and what your feeling. Trust your instincts. If you ever need someone to talk with feel free to PM me. :)

8. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:hug99: to you! I know how scarry it is. I had my girls at 28 weeks 1 day and they are perfectly healthy! And you are already beyond that!! Everyday you keep those babies in is 3 days they don't have to be in the NICU. I also agree that if you feel that you need to go in, GO IN! You are your babies advocate, and YOU know whats best for them. Its better to be safe than sorry. If I had not gone in when I did, it may have been a completely different outcome than the one we have. GL to you! As the PP said, get lots of rest and drink plenty of Water!!

9. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Take it easy and drink tons of water. I will pray for you and your little ones, Lisa

10. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

I know it's scary!! The good thing is, the contractions aren't changing your cervix!!! At 30 weeks, I had this happen as well. They gave me a shot of Terbutaline, that stopped them, I stopped work, and was fine after that! Just take it easy and drink LOTS of water and empty that bladder!

11. AndreaGray

AndreaGray Member

Since your cervix is still long and thick I wouldn't be worried. I've been having contractions like crazy but my cervix is still long so I am good to go for now. If I were you I would rest as much as possible to help reduce the contractions. Drink lots of water but keep your bladder empty. I gave up grocery shopping and everything.

12. akuaba

akuaba Well-Known Member

Hang in there!! I know that it is scary. I had contractions that were 6 minutes apart when I was about 26 weeks or something like that. I called my doctor late at night, she told me to monitor them and I fell asleep. I went to work the next day as they were a bit better and they came back again. I called the doctor again and they told me to go to the hospital. They did the test to see if I was going to go into labor in 2 weeks and they checked my cervix at that time. It was closed and thick. I have had contractions since then and some of them wake me up out of my sleep but my cervix is still closed and long. So..remember..that test came back negative!! That is a very good thing. And as the rest of the posters said, drink lots of water and keep those feet up. It is really scary..I know. You are doing the right thing by reaching out to others, venting your anxiety and resting. I am now entering my 32nd week and all seems pretty darn good. Keep your chin up, take some breathes!! You have doctors that are looking after you and the little ones and that is just what needs to be happening. Definitely go back in the minute you feel like you should. Never feel stupid going to the doctor's. That is what they are there for.
    Take care!!
    [​IMG]

13. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I would trust your gut. Keep calling the Dr. until you feel better. I never had Braxton Hicks contraxs so when my contractions started, I timed them and was very nervous. At 3:50am I called the on call doc (who was my least fav. in the practice) and she told me to wait until I had more in an hour. I went to the bathroom before trying to sleep and my water broke. I still had my phone with me and called the doc right back. My gut feeling was right. My boys were born a few short hours later. When in doubt, call the doctor.

14. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Leighann @ Feb 25 2008, 03:31 PM) [snapback]639159[/snapback]
    One thing one of the L&D residents said was "You can't cry wolf too many times. If you are concerned and don't feel right, call and come back." If you are concerned, call your doctor again and get him/her on the phone to make the determination if you can wait until Thursday. Drink lots of water and stay off your feet.

I couldnt agree more. Call back, that is what they are there for!!!

15. teddylynn96

teddylynn96 Well-Known Member

I would trust your Mommy instincts, if something doesn't seem right go to L&D.
    I would call your doctor back and try to get in today or tomorrow. I was released from the hospital without any real instructions and I'm now on bed rest and brethine every 4-6 hours.
    If the doctor can't get you in be sure to take it easy and keep your feet up as much as possible. I'll be around if you need to talk.

16. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

we are the exact same DD! please keep us posted on your progess i get scared too when i feel contrxs so soon!

17. bray64015

bray64015 Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone so much...Today I feel so much better, I am still having them but nothing major I think. It's amazing what three days of drinking non stop water can do for someone. I am just going to take it day by day and see how it goes.

18. kribar

kribar Well-Known Member

I would insist on speaking with your Dr. I've been having contractions since Week 20 and fortunately they haven't changed my cervix but I have been on bedrest ever since and taking Terb every 4 hrs. I'm very surprised they sent you home with you still contracting so much. Mine wouldn't let me leave until they stopped. Keep us posted!! :hug99:

19. teddylynn96

teddylynn96 Well-Known Member

Did you ever get a call from the doctor?
    Hope you are still doing good this evening.