School starts tomorrow :(

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by fourznuff, Aug 27, 2012.

1. fourznuff

fourznuff Well-Known Member

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was rocking, feeding, bathing, two newborns? My little babies are starting 2nd grade tomorrow. At least I can say that I have enjoyed every minute and find that they are more fun every day!

1 person likes this.
  2. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

I know, we start tomorrow as well. My guys are starting 5th, and their last year of elementary school!

3. fourznuff

fourznuff Well-Known Member

Last year of elementary school, that is quite a milestone. Middle school is...well, it's not elementary school. Let's just leave it at that!

4. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

My twins are starting 6th grade next Tuesday. This is their last year of elementary school, as well (middle is 7th & 8th). I also have one entering 2nd, and my youngest is in his last year of preschool before starting Kindergarten next September.

5. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Mine are all at the same school. This is their second week already (they went back on the 21st). Oldest in Year 4, so in upper school already, twins in Year 2.

6. 40+mom

40+mom Well-Known Member

We start the Tuesday after Labor Day (some silly old state law requirement dating back to Tobacco Harvest days), which seems late to me.

My kiddos will be first graders. One will be in a "traditional" first grade class; the other in a "multi-age" mixed 1st and 2nd grade class. We went today to see their rooms and meet their teachers. The time is flying -- I recited to them the "Story of their birth" which they LOVE to hear, and it got me remembering all those twin pregnancy and baby days. We may get out the "baby box" and look at their preemie clothes and diapers this weekend, along with some baby pics.

I can't believe how the start of school makes me so nostalgic -- I guess because each year marks a milestone????

Sniff, sniff....

Meg

7. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

My girls start 1st grade today. By the end of July I was already burning out from being on the go and busy with them every single day. The first two weeks of August we slowed down a bit and I was able to just relax and enjoy things a bit more. Last week was insanely busy as we tried to shove in every last playdate and thing we wanted to do. Now, the first day of school is here, and while I'm ready for the break and to focus a little bit more on me again, I'm actually feeling quite torn. :(

And of course, it's a rainy (pouring) day today. sigh.