School Supplies

Discussion in 'General' started by jenn-, Aug 12, 2009.

1. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

It the time of year when all the school supplies go on sale dirt cheap, and I buy them. A lot of them. I finally got a box for everything I have laying in different piles around the house and found I have 10 bottles of glue, 8 glue sticks, 3 boxes of 24 count crayons (and those aren't the ones that have been dumped into the "use" bag), 4 boxes of colored pencils, 3 packs of wide rule notepaper (which we rarely use), way to many 24 count boxes of pencils (and we use the free ones you get everywhere :blink: ), and 3 boxes of markers. It has taken everything in my being not to jump on the 10 cent bottles of glue. I caved and bought a couple more boxes of crayons though :blush: . I also bought 10 paper portfolio folders(only 5 cents each!), but I have a use for some of them right away. So am I the only one that has a hard time turning down the really awesome deals this time of the year? Anyone need glue?

2. Jaimie

Jaimie Well-Known Member

We use this time of year to stock up also. Mostly crayons, color pencils, loose leaf paper and themebooks as they are dirt cheap.

3. r-twins

r-twins Well-Known Member

I can't pass it up either! We love to do crafts and make "concoctions" that use a lot of glue. Where is it on sale for 10 cents? I need more! LOL

4. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, my glue is from last year and the year before, heck I think some of it is from DD still being in school. What kinds of things do you use glue for? When it comes to normal cutting and pasting, I prefer the glue stick. I don't know how I will get rid of all that glue.

5. r-twins

r-twins Well-Known Member

Yeah, we prefer the glue stick for cutting and pasting too. But when we glue things such as jewels, beads, or non-paper things like them I pour the glue onto a paperplate and they use q-tips to daub it on the project. And there are a few homemade paint concoctions we want to try this year that use a lot of glue. Here are a couple.

----------------------

Snowy Foam Paint:
    1 cup white school glue
    1 cup white shaving cream

Mix together in bowl. Let it sit for 2 min. Use a brush to paint. (Add a few drops of food coloring to Snowy Foam Paint and create colorful pictures. Dip foam balls into paint to create snowmen and other snow sculptures.

----------------------

Goofy Glass Paint:
    1/4 cup white school glue
    1/4 cup liquid tempera paint

Mix glue and paint in bowl. Use paint brush to apply to surface you wish to paint. Let painted items dry overnight. Dried Goofy Glass Paint can be removed by an adult using a razor blade. (Give new life to old vases and jars by painting them with Goofy Glass Paint. Remove label from old peanut butter jar and paint in with Goofy Glass Paint to create a really cool pencil and pen holder.)

6. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

We did thisart project this week, with liquid glue. The kids LOVED it.

7. mel_michigan

mel_michigan Well-Known Member

I went ga ga according to my husband and bought a case of spiral notebooks. I couldn't resist at $1.24 total. I definately stock up this time of the year.

8. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

That is something I can see myself doing in the future. Right now we don't use much in the way of spiral notebooks though. We still manage to have a small supply of them.