Seamless socks?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Faith00, May 9, 2012.

1. Faith00

Faith00 Well-Known Member

Hello. This sounds like it should be a facebook post, BUT I thought I'd ask you all. Does anyone know where to find (in stores) SEAMLESS socks? This morning was the worst....went through FOUR pairs of socks and the boy was still throwing a fit. I bought bigger socks but he says they are too tight...others too loose, or have a bump, or make his toes scrunch together. Please help!

Thanks!
    Faith00

2. luvrkids

luvrkids Well-Known Member

My dd does this samething its so annoying:( I hope someone knows something!!!

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

There's a clothing line that is designed for kids with sensory disorders, but I also think it's just a great idea for kids with sensitive skin. It's all seamless and designed to be soft to the skin. They have seamless socks too! http://www.softclothing.net/

2 people like this.
  4. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this link! I have a son who gets really irritated with his socks as well, although he isn't extreme. I may have to may these socks and see how he likes them!

What I have been buying for my son are the gold toe socks. The seam for those is above the toe and isn't bulky, but it does have the fitted ankle, so sometimes the sock slides around and the heel ends up in the front so there is a bulge of sorts. I buy him his socks in smaller sizes so they fit snug, but not too tight. He has a total melt down if the socks are too loose.

5. Faith00

Thanks for posting! I found that Stride Rite has some kind of comfort seam socks. I think I'm going to try those because I don't have to order them. I'll let you all know how they work, since there seems to be others with the same issues.

Thanks again!

6. Faith00

I just wanted to give a little update...not sure it will be much help. Ian decided to forego any socks yesterday and came home with a near blister on his heel. So, today he wore some of the socks that he normally wears and was just fine. If anyone has purchased the comfort seam socks, I'd love to hear if your child did better with those. They are rather pricey, $16/3pr but would be well worth it if they work.

Thanks again!