Second trimester fatigue

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Chrissy2010, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Chrissy2010

Chrissy2010 Well-Known Member

First trimester I was soooo tired. Then I had maybe 2 weeks where I finally could stay up past 9pm. And now Im 18 weeks and so very tired... Am I just getting lazy??LOL Or is this normal? Everyday I feel like I want a nap so bad!

2. Kaffeetee

Kaffeetee Well-Known Member

You are not alone! I was the same too. There was almost no honeymoon period, maybe two weeks like you said. I'm 33.3 wks now, less tired but so heavy and sore. Sometimes I thought maybe that was just me being lazy :)

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My honeymoon lasted barely a month, too. It may have been 2 weeks. I think it's pretty normal given the circumstances.

4. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for the honeymoon - LOL. I had two decent days this week but they weren't consecutive. I'm still really tired and nauseous just about every day, but it's still early. I'm hoping for some relief soon, even if it's just a couple of good weeks.

5. Chrissy2010

Chrissy2010 Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh so with a singleton the second trimester is the honeymoon phase lasting 3 months or so... Twins a couple weeks?? yikes

Sheras I hope you feel better soon!

6. leaudemiel

leaudemiel Well-Known Member

Yes, me too! One night around week 17 I came home from work preparing for my nap and had a burst of energy. I demanded we leave the house and go to the club down the street for a rock show! Yes, I had to sit and not dance, but it was great to be out of the house with people!

Everyone keeps saying to do as much as we can before the babies come, go out to dinner, movies, shows. But I've just been too beat, then I freak out that were wasting time and not taking advantage of the present. Oh hormones!