Second Year Moms: Who's Hanging Out in Here

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sullivanre, Jan 27, 2010.

1. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Hey Ladies,
    I just wanted to see who's still hanging out around these parts and, of course, who's new. Maybe you can tell us a little about yourself, and what is your favorite thing about your twins in the second year>

I'm Rachel. I have 19 month old fraternal twin boys Eli and Mark, and we are expecting a singleton in May. I guess my favorite thing about the second year is watching them develop their own personalities. My son Eli is very smart and very temperamental, and Mark is emerging as the social butterfly and charmer of the two; he also copies Eli all the time.

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:wavey: i'm here! i'm a Rachel too (well, Rachel#3 actually :laughing: ). i have mo/di girls, Riley & Danika. and i wish i were expecting a singleton in May! okay, well, maybe not in May, but i've got the worst baby fever right now. :pardon: my favorite thing about the second year is that the girls are communicating more & more with us - i just feel like we're really starting to get a peek into what's going on inside their heads. and it's pretty cool. :good:

3. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

I am Amber and I have boy/girl twins, Logan and Charlotte. They are 12 months old. So far I am enjoying the second year. I am enjoying watching them interact more with each other. I love watching DD dance and hearing DS say new words and sounds. I am expecting baby #3 (a surprise!) in September. The twins and the new baby will be 20 months apart, so it's going to be a wild ride!

4. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

:wavey: Elizabeth, often time reader, few time poster... I have a singleton who will be 12 in April and id boys (Seth & Nathan) who will be 2 in late April (ten years and two weeks apart)

My favorite part of the second year.. is the love between them.. to watch them sneak toys to the “time out child” because he doesn’t like to see him sad (I wish he would just remind him not to open the oven door instead).. or the random walk up to his bro and hug and kiss him.. for no reason other than the mood strikes him.. it melts my heart and worth every lip gloss display pulled down in Sephora (yes, crazy to even go in that store in a twin tandem stroller... but they are the only ones who carry my conditioner)

I love I got this second chance even if I cried the whole car ride home when I found out I was pregnant... and said a few choice words when I found out it was twins 2 days later.. The baby gods knew what they were doing, and I’m glad I trusted them..

5. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

Im an Old TS-er, but new to the second year. I pop in once or twice a week. Im a bit busy these days ;) My names Molly, the happy Partner to Jim and Mother of 5 great kids! Jessi 10 (my step daughter), Ella 4, Milo 2....

The twins, Lia and Colin just turned 1 this month. Im really enjoying watching ALL the kids bond together. The babies are a bit older and emerging their own personalities!

6. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

I'm Shellie, and I have boy/girl twins (Katie and Tyler) who will be 17 months old next week. I am loving a lot about this age, but probably my favorite is also watching them develop personalities. My dd is a complete clown with the craziest expressions, a big stubborn streak, and a mischevious side that so far is more funny than dangerous. She "thinks" she is singing and likes to do so while twirling in place and it never fails to make me laugh. DS is the sweetest little boy with the most awesome smile, who has a quick temper and even quicker feet. He is already a little climbing monkey and has the cutest dance moves. Just in the last couple of weeks they have started giving kisses to each other, will go up randomly and pat each other on the arm or head (when they aren't hitting), and have started making each other laugh when they are in their cribs or highchairs and I think it will be really fun to watch them start to interact and develop a relationship with each other.

I am not quite to the baby fever stage, and even if I was it probably wouldn't be possible (these are IVF twins), but I am surprised that the idea of a third is no longer inconceivable (although it is for dh)!

7. anicakes

anicakes Well-Known Member

I'm Ani...mom to identical twin girls, Lena and Lara, who are 21 months old. I LOVE the 2nd year, especially since I had probably some of the worst newborns I've ever known. No matter how tough things can be at this stage with their tantrums and such, I love that they can communicate some, have a tiny bit of independence, SLEEP (something I didn't get literally for the first 6 months, nor will I ever take it for granted again), and the love they share with each other and us. And I'm very grateful that they are wonderful eaters...makes my life way easier.

8. RhodeMomma

RhodeMomma Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm Kim, and my boys just turned a year old about 2 weeks ago.

My absolute FAVORITE thing about having twins - or kids in general - is watching sheer delight move across my boys faces when they discover a new something -whether it's a new superpower, or a new food they love, or a toy.

They have the biggest smiles on their faces, and are looking at us in the eyes as they've just discovered how to walk with a walker. It's a HUGE deal to them. Oh, and when they discovered cheese.... pure rapture. Cheese was even my boy's 3rd word (behind Momma and Dadda).

I LOVE watching them be their own persons.

9. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I'm Valerie! :wavey: I'm a WOHM in Michigan with fraternal twin boys Nate and Jack who are almost 18 months old. :faint:

It's hard to pick just one thing that is my favorite part of the Second Year. The First Year was so stressful that I'm just digging everything! :laughing: If I had to pin it down, I'd say my favorite thing is how funny my little clowns are. I laugh at their antics every day; even their tantrums are funny. Today Nate was messing with my new phone while I was trying to get my messages, so in jest I said "SIT" and made the sit motion we trained the dog with...sure enough he went over and sat down in the living room! :rolleyes: And Jack has the most gut-busting belly laugh that it's impossible not to laugh along with him. :lol:

Great idea for a thread, Rachel! :D

10. 1sttwins

1sttwins Active Member

Hi, I'm not really new here... My name is Jen. I live in Pittsburgh. With a full-time job and b/g twins (Benjamin and Tatiana)who are now 20 months old, I barely remember my name most days!! These are my first, and will be my only. I dont think my nerves can take it!

The whole Second Year is my favorite... and my not so favorite. I love watching them develop into little "people" and how they communicate and relate to each other, though the constant destruction and climbing and screaming frequently send me to the wine bottle!

11. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

I am here too :wavey: pretty much everyday
    I have fraternal twin boys, Warren and Gavin that couldn’t be more different. I love seeing them start to “get it” not sure how else to describe it. The other day Warren pulled a blanket off the couch and then drug it to the chair, climbed into the chair and then pulled the blanket on top of him and I just thought that was SO cool. Warren is incredibly cautious and Gavin has no fear what so ever. Warren is usually more serious and Gavin giggles if you look at him funny.
    I too have big time baby fever – but don’t think another one is in the cards for us for a number of reasons. :cry: I am SO incredibly thankful for my 2 healthy boys.

12. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

HI, I am here too. I have mo/mo identical twin boys (Cooper and Clay). Every new stage is my new favorite stage. I love how many new words they learn each day and how their hair sticks straight up first thing in the morning. Clay loves his "blantey" (blankey) and will ask for it as soon as we walk in the house. Cooper is a milk addict and would drink a whole gallon if I let him. They are both clowns and bring so much joy to my life. They are soooooo much fun (most of the time).

eta: I forgot to say they are 20 months.

13. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

Hello, I am Anna and I have 13 month old fraternal twin boys. Its kinda crazy for me because this time last year they were still in NICU. I am really enjoying second year because the boys have become so independent and are FINALLY sleeping through the night :) They are still a little behind so they aren't walking or talking yet so I am patiently waiting for the day when they are motoring around. Right now our biggest challenge is trying to get my little guy to eat solid foods without throwing up! He has a huge texture issue and gags and throws up a lot. Life with three 27 months apart is busy but exciting and I was so glad to find this forum because some days its the only socializing I get!

14. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

I'm here too!! ... a lot! I'm Christina, SAHM to Izak and Aaden (fraternal boys, almost 15 months) and we live in the bitter cold state of WI ... major cabin fever going on here! Spring cannot come fast enough!! This whole journey has been AMAZING! Definitely has it's days but I cannot believe that they are walking, talking, little me's (and DH)!! The 2nd year has been sooo fun! I would have to say that my favorite part is all the laughing and smiles that come out of my little men ... oh, and the new words ... and the look on their faces when they see something for the first time .. and how unbelievably alike yet so different they are ... ok, too many to choose from. It's all great! It's so great that we are trying for #3 ... I know, say a prayer and call me crazy! :crazy:

15. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    My name is Lydia and I am a SAHM to my 15 month old boy/girl twins, Ezra and Annika. The first year was very difficult for me physically but so far the second year has been much better. Both of my little ones sleep through the night, take long naps and are generally happy, well behaved toddlers. Although I still have days when I wonder whether I am cut out to be a mother, let alone one of twins, I enjoy almost every moment watching my children develop and grow. I love my new appreciation for time to myself, a clean house, and a helpful husband. I doubt I would have understood that these things are luxuries if it weren't for having my babies. Oh yeah, I would love to be pregnant with a third but my post-partum complications made having more children impossible and, instead, I focus of the fact that I do have two healthy children.

16. lovemytwinsx2

lovemytwinsx2 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies, my name is Paula, when i get a free moment i pop on and see what everyone is posting, i don't do alot of posting myself but i try...

I have fraternal twin boys, :itwins_boys: Cameron and Dylan, who will be 15 mos old on the 29th. They were 7 wks early, Cameron weighed 4 lbs 3 oz, Dylan weighed 3 lbs 12 oz...Both are a wopping 24 lbs now, yeah....they are thriving wonderful.

What i love about the 2nd year is that i made it thru the first year unscaved... :D
    and how they both have their own personalities and are playing alot more with each other and seem to be respecting each other more. Plus always on the go...LOL...I can not wait for them to start talking more, am dying to hear those words "hi momma" or "good morning momma" when i get them up in the morning...I know will just melt my heart just like when they do say "mamma" now...My husband and I are done having children, they are our only two and we are more than thrilled to of had them together...such a joy...double the love.. :air_kiss:

17. SheriBrownDion

SheriBrownDion Well-Known Member

Hi My name is Sheri. I am very new here, but enyoying reading how I am not alone on this wild ride. I do not understand all of the acronyms you are using or how to get the cute tickers on the signature block to work...but

My DH Jerry and I have 3 boys. Oren almost 4, twins Jason and Galen almost 16 months. Jason is the happy-go-lucky, loves to laugh, runs, climbs, mischevious one at 30 pounds! Galen is my sensitive one, loves books, blocks, climbing, is allergic to all dairy, rough sleeper, but very very sweet (24 pounds). I love that they can understand soooo much and are starting to communicate using baby signs and some words. They follow each other around, monkey see-monkey do, and play independently. I have them in separate rooms at the moment, but plan to put all 3 boys in one room once sleep is more consistent. Jason hugs, Galen bites. I have not see a lot of affection between them, but I do see it with their older brother.

I look forward to more active play and better sleep! I am still nursing - so will need to think about weaning in the next several months.

18. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

Hi and bye! My MZ girls will be two next Tuesday on 2-2. I wanted to make a big deal of Groundhog day for them, but I'm not sure they'd get it. But they are already in the birthday spirit, singing to themselves.

Bad as it is, I'm taking their second b-day as a last chance to have a low key b-day. No party, just a couple cupcakes, presents and maybe a tiara or something to wear all day.

My favorite things about the second year? Hearing my girls talk more and more, and getting their full body hugs. Those are the best. What do I also like about the second year? It's cheap. My mom watches my girls while I work. We're looking into preschools for next year and all I can say is OUCH!

Love this board too. Thanks for the shout out!

19. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

I'm here! My name is Amanda, I have 19 month old b/g twins Ethan & Abigail. I frequently lurk, rarely post. I still think of myself as a SAHM because I wish I was, but in reality I went back to work part-time in July and full-time in December when my DH got laid off from his job. I love this age a lot. My favorite thing is probably how they are starting to communicate more and more with me, DH, and each other. It's so fun watching them grow up and suprisingly, I don't have baby fever yet. We had originally talked about possibly having more, but we just may end up not, it's hard to say at this point. :)

20. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

I'm Eliza (Elizabeth, Liz, Lizzie - I got too many nicknames!!). I am currently a SAHM, but I do want to go back to work as a medical assistant...I'll just have to wean myself off of these boys, which is going to be hard. I think I'm also done having kids. We MAY adopt at some point, but my DH does not want to go through another pregnancy.

But for now, I have frat boys who are currently 19 months old. Their birthday is June 24. I love this year so far. I can communicate with them, they can kind of tell us what they want, and their personalities are booming! My absolute favorite part of their daily lives is when they find something they absolutely love to do. The smiles and giggles that spread on their faces lights up the entire house! The sounds of their giggles is music to my ears. Their talking together in toddlerese is enough to melt me to goo!!! I'm looking forward to seeing who they become more and more every day!

21. gusnlilysmom

gusnlilysmom Active Member

I'm Jill - mom to Connor and Caroline who are 18 months old. I don't post a lot, but have found this site to be invaluable in making it through the crazy days of being a working twin mom.

My favorite part about the second year - how I just melt when my two little ones run across the room at daycare for hugs when I pick them up.

22. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I am here! My name is Katie and I have identical twin daughters Kalia & Jordyn.

They are 18 months and my favourite part so far in the second year has been their language development, they are so chatty and I just still can't believe how much they can say and understand, it sure makes my days easier when they can tell me what they want and I can actually get it!!

23. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Wow, it's great to hear from you ladies; it's also nice to get to know some of the occasional posters and lurkers.

24. LisaLonnie

LisaLonnie Well-Known Member

My name is Lisa and I'm a proud mommy of 15 month old fraternal twin girls named Kelsey & Madison. My husband (Lonnie) and I are occassional posters and frequent readers of this forum. These are our first children. Our favorite part of the second year is watching our daughters light up with joy when they accomplish a new task for the first time. It's truly amazing to witness the extraordinary amount of development children go through in such a short period of time.

We are very grateful for the interaction and support we've received from fellow TS members since joining! It's really made a world of difference for us as first time parents!

25. debfitz

debfitz Well-Known Member

Hi! I'm Debbie SAHM of Gavin and Irelyn 18 month old b/g twins. This second year has been busy! It really is fun watching them grow and develop. My favorite thing is making them laugh. My son will laugh so hard sometimes he will spit up a little! It is such a joy to hear. That sound will make any bad day seem better. I used to post and lurk a lot when I was on 1st year..seems I had more time. I don't get that either. Anyway, I check in about once a week or so. I love to check up on those moms who I can remember back from the first year. Wow! We have all been through soo much huh? It's been nice sharing this twin experience with all of you!
    It's good to hear that some of you are expecting! Wow! Ya know, some days I feel ready and others I feel like no way..not ready yet. Yes I said yet. We will eventually try again as I have 4 frosties waiting! I just kinda hope it is only one this time!
    Anyway, it's good to meet everyone, some again! Thanks for all of your support and let's keep it going!

Debbie

26. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone!! I am also an Old-Tser...been here since I found out I was having twins at 17wks preggo :crazy: what a shock that was!! I browse a few time a week and post when I can....I am Kristy (a WOHM M-T 8am-4pm), married to Richard, mom to DS Korey (5) and boy/girl twins Ryley and Kelsey (14 mths) born at 33 wks 4 days. Ryley 3lbs 11oz and Kelsey 4lbs 1oz...now 22 & 18lbs! They have come along way since the NICU days.

What I like more about second year is how their personalities are really showing now and the interaction they share! What I don't like is the fact that they are now both getting into EVERYTHING and partners in crime :stir:

My husband works in the Construction field away from home through the week. It's tough being the only caregiver of our children 95% of the time but I make it work :Clap:

27. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

Hi:) I'm Allegra, mom of Amelia & Owen, 19-months. I'm on here almost everyday, frequent poster too! I LOVE TS:) MMh, favorite part of 2nd year...I'd say watching my little babies transform into these amazing little people with VERY distinct personalities...and then looking at DH and saying, "Wow, we created them!"

28. pigsocks

pigsocks Well-Known Member

Hi I'm Ruth Mom to fraternal twin girls Emily and Victoria. They will be 2 in February.

I am not on that often, but come when need wisdom from others in the same situation.

My favorite things of 2 years it watching the personalities come out in my girls and see how different they are. I of course love the two little runner that come meet me each day at daycare yelling mom all the way.

29. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Well, I'm here until next Wednesday when Jack and Anna turn 2! I'm a FT attorney, married to an architect. Jack is a wild man - with him it's all about burning off the crazy boy energy. He's also a sensitive little guy. He doesn't get upset often, but when he gets upset it's like his little heart is broken. Anna is a teenage girl - at least in mentality. She's already talking back and crying on demand. I'm torn between frustration and pride. She's also a friendly little thing and very good generally about following directions and trying to be a "big girl." They are both actually wonderfully behaved 2-year-olds, although still 2-year-olds. We are looking forward to moving on to 2-4 and starting potty training (not really).

And I'll still pop in to give advice on CIO. :D

ETA: My favorite thing about the second year is the talkng. The talking the sentences, the singing, the understanding, the COMMUNICATION! Oh happy days!

30. jroberts

jroberts Well-Known Member

Hello, I am back to twinstuff probably for the first time in over a year. I was on here quite a bit while pregnant, then as most of you can relate got super busy. My fraternal twin boys are now 15 months and i finally feel like I'm starting to get on top of things. My boys are Travis and Jaxson, they are very funny. Travis is petite and has the best smiles, but has a temper that comes with the most crazy tantrums....out of my four kids his by far are the most impressive. Jaxson is bigger and more stocky and is pretty mellow.....we see him being the peace maker for his bother in the future.

31. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

I used to post a lot more ( in first year) but now that I am working I lurk more....I'm Tiffany, mom to 15 month old id boys ( need to update tickers) I teach preschool special ed and went back when the boys were 11 months. I miss them :cry: . They are starting to walk and get cuter every day!

32. Teri2840

Teri2840 New Member

I'm Teri - Mom to Ashley and Callie who are 13 month old fraternal girls. I've only posted a few times, but have read and searched a bunch and love the commmnity and advice here!

My favorite part about the 2nd year is when the girls both get laughing together and let out a real belly laugh -the best sounds ever!!!

33. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

Hi, Im another Rachel here! Im a Brit living in Spain (DH is Spanish). We have B/G twins who have just turned 20 months old. They are our first, and last, kids. My favourite thing this year is seeing how they can communicate - it makes life easier. I can also talk to them and they understand. I also love their unexpected kisses and cuddles - those make the hard times melt away :wub:

34. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

I'm amy, 35 yr old single mom by choice (donor sperm IUI) to fraternal twin girls, Sadie and Elena, 19 months old. I work full time nights as a labor and delivery RN, and am going back to school for my masters in nursing education. I moved in with my parents when I was sure I was having twins for some help, and it has its ups and downs, but overall, I don't know what I'd do without them. I am really enjoying their ability to play together and their arguments are sometimes really funny. I can't believe we are fastly approaching 2 yrs old! I am also enjoying how quickly they pick up on things, they LOVE yo gabba gabba and dance like crazy! better than I've ever danced... lol. They also love Dora and can yell her name when they want to watch her show. We just transitioned to toddler beds this week because they both climbed out of their pnp's on the same day, and it's been kind of rough, but last night they slept all night without any fussing or tears. I think we might make it!

35. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

Hi all, I'm Shelley and am on here more than I "should be"... but its a great resource and I love it. I, too, have been on here since early pregnancy! Our twins are b/g that were born at 39 wks, had to be induced, but ended up with a c-section. We're still bf'ing, and enjoying it.

I'm able to stay home most days, but work from home 12 hrs a week and go into the office for 3 more hours. Working does seem to take up most all my 'free' time that I get with their naps... so it doesn't leave much momma time, but time with the twins is so much fun, and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Its so cute to see how the twins, Davis & Jessa, develop and communicate. What is so fun is to see them enjoying themselves!! and the laughter is so contagious. Its also hard to keep a straight face when they are up to no good!

Life is crazy and these two are in to everything, I keep locking more cabinets, drawers and moving things! One day maybe I'll be able to teach them about respecting "Mom's stuff"!