separation anxiety? tantrums?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jan 24, 2011.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

one of my LOs was sick last week. fever, nothing else. since then - i cant put him down to pee. literally. he screams, throws himself on the ground, hides in the corner and theres nothing to help him. his twin stares at him and i think he thinks hes nuts. lol. if he doesnt get his way!!! he screams and carries on.

however, i am not sure what to do anymore. he wont sit at the table unless hes on my lap. i am really at my wits end here and am ready to run away. :grouphug:
    please. tell me what is wrong? i almost brought him to the doc to see if something wasn't right.

2. Kludelhoven

Kludelhoven Well-Known Member

Maybe an ear infection??? You could just take him to the dr just to rule any medical issues out. Both my kids have had ear infections and presented no other symptoms then a low grade fever for a day or two, just so happened both times we were at the pedi for other reasons!

3. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

Might just be the age...my boys had stranger anxiety at that age...which was terrible. We couldn't have playdates because they just screamed..once 2 hit it got much better..I am sure it's a phase.

4. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Jack went through a phase like this just before he hit 2. :( He's always been the clingier one, but it got so bad that he'd be bucking and screaming as we tried to buckle him in his booster chair. DH did do a few meals with him in his lap, but we finally had to lay down the law and put him down when he struggled and sit down to eat ourselves. I let him know that when he calmed down he could sit down to eat with the rest of us.

It was a long slog, but eventually he grew out of it. Good luck!