Seriously, are there NO basic little girls sandals out there?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by [email protected], Apr 23, 2009.

1. angeez78@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I have searched high and low for a basic sandal for my girls. They are 14 mo. and only wear a size 3. I love the foamy ones from BRU but of course they only have boy colors. I want one that has a strap across the toes and around the ankle, flip flops just won't work (their not even walking yet). I also want one with 1 or 2 basic colors that goes with anything, not a bunch of patterns, pictures etc. Anyone see anything out there that might meet my needs? TIA!!!

Forgot to mention I don't want to spend alot and one of the main issues is that alot of the shoes don't come that small (size 3)

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Try Lands End and Stride Rite!

3. alliandre

alliandre Well-Known Member

I have trouble with this every year! The ones we usually end up getting are these or something similar with more of an open toe. I also never paid this much for them either. Good luck and I hope you find something you like.

eta: I meant to say that I usually get them in a solid color too.

4. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I saw some at Target, they came in white or pink. I didn't note if they had smaller sizes though.

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I love these sandals from Payless. I bought them for my girls two years in a row because they were so perfect for us!! I used to use a wet paper towel with the tiniest bit of dish soap on it to wipe them clean.

6. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I just got my girls 2 pairs each from target, osh kosh flowered sandals and white circo sandals, both for under $15.

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am going to third Target here. We got DD some sandals that were beige with some teal and pink in them (Circo brand). They are size 4 and I am pretty sure they came in smaller sizes.

8. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

walmart has some great white simple sandals! i just bougth a few fabric ones =maryjane style for 3 bucks! they had the harder sole ones too; i wanted to wait til my 2 were at least walking-so for now its robeez type sandals and fabric ones!

9. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We went to target last year for basic white and pink sandles and my girls were in small sizes then.

10. Neumsy

Neumsy Well-Known Member

Vertbaudet has really cute basic ones, and I know they ship over.

11. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

My girls are in size 2 (they are actually too big yet) and we got their sandals at Target.

12. ChanceKathleen

ChanceKathleen Well-Known Member

Target!!!

but i just looked at the payless site..soooo cute!

13. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I love Teva Psyclones. The sizes go 2/3, 4/5, and then 6, 7, etc. Amy wore a 2/3 the summer she was 18 months. They seem really comfy, are easy to get on & off, and don't rub or anything. They do take a while to dry if they get wet.
    http://www.amazon.com/Teva-Psyclone-Sandal...s/dp/B000KR0HEC

I'm finding prices all over the place from $28-38, but I got some on eBay last summer (new in box) for about $20.

ETA: I also got many of their shoes at Target (in the "pre-walker" section, even though they were walking) when they were that small. I don't understand why the "good" brands all start at 5, but the Target shoes seemed just fine to me.

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I saw some in Target the other day, and they had lots in sizes under 5. :good:

15. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

As other posters said, Target! I also saw some cute ones online at the Children's Place.