Sesame Place ?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by swiertel, Jul 30, 2007.

1. swiertel

swiertel Well-Known Member

We are planning on going on Wed. for the first time. Just trying to figure out the logistics of all of this. Did you bring your guys in their bathing suits? Did you bring your own lunch? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I know they're gonna love it, but I want it to go as smoothly as possible. I didn't know how expensive it was!!!

2. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Yes, I bring K&K in their suits but I bring a change of clothes for after and I either change them in the bathroom outside the gate or at the car (don't forget your suit too and water shoes too!). My biggest piece of advice is bring water shoes or if you don't have them and can't get them before Wed then you can buy them at the park but I have no idea how expensive they are. Some of the pools have very rough surfaces and the shoes will protect their little feet. I usually get lunch at the park although you can bring food you can not bring it into the park itself. You could pack a picnic and go back to the car (they definitely allow you to reenter just get everyone's hands stamped). They do have picnic areas, one in the general lot and one in the preferred lot. If you prefer to bring a wagon or stroller there is plenty of room and plenty of places to park them, they do have rentals there if you decide you need once after you arrive.

Can't think of anything else right now but I will be back if I do :) !

3. firsttimer

firsttimer Well-Known Member

I would definitely bring lunch (kids meals are $7.95 - they include a souvenir cup and box). The lines for food were really long too. We went in dry clothes, did the dry rides first and then changed after lunch and did the water rides second. We then changed back into dry clothes at the car before leaving. I second the need for water shoes! Don't forget to plan to go to the shows. If it's going to be hot, I would freeze a couple bottles of water to bring in with you. Have fun!

4. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Buying lunch there is definitely a good idea. They get two cute souvenirs out of it. We also went on the dry rides first and then did the wet ones but we wore bathsuits the entire time and brought clothes to change into after. We rented a locker to hold our extra bags. You are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it there! We did!

5. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

I would also just buy the lunch there--too much of a hassle to go to the way far picnic area to eat. We have friends who went there recently and ate at Big Birds BBQ. It is all you can eat and drink, and they let our friend load their stroller with extra drink bottles, so they didn't have to buy drinks for the rest of the day.

OT, I think we should try that next year for our gathering :)

Have fun!

6. NatalieK

NatalieK Well-Known Member

We just went and had a blast! I highly recommend you do Lunch with Big Bird and Friends. You can buy tickets online and it is well worth it. All you can eat with no lines for food. The characters come to each table quite a few times. Plenty of opportunities for great pictures. They also put on a cute show while you eat. The food was really good too! Lots of different options plus the kids get a cute souviner cup.

We brought changes of clothes but ended up in bathing suits almost the entire time. Have fun!!