Severe back pain when I sleep

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by momof6, Nov 27, 2010.

1. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

I am so close to having the babies. On Wed I was almost 4cm and 90% effaced and my OB said he thought this weekend. But if I have to go through another night trying to sleep I think I will cry. My lower back and hips hurt so bad when I try to change positions that sometimes I have to wake DH to help me. I guess the other night I actually screamed in my sleep and it woke DH (scared him) and he had to help me up. I just don't know what to do. I have a heating pad on it now and I tried at 3am to do the same thing but during the night I must stiffen up being in one position for several hours and then moving is impossible. I know the babies will come when ready, I am surprised they are not here yet, but with the pain I just want to do what it takes to start my labor.... help... I just wanna cry.

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with the boys. I eneded up sleeping in the lazy boy my last month. Other then heat and maybe sleeping in the lazy boy, there isnt much you can do for it.

3. zanetaya

zanetaya Well-Known Member

Sleep in the bathtub with nice hot water. That's what I did. It makes you weightless and your back won't hurt as bad....worked for me. I feel your pain though. I wouldn't trade you places for anything. Twin pregnancies are awful especially the last 3 weeks or so.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sleeping in the bathtub is a drowning hazard I thought...

The end of your pregnancy is just about the hardest thing in the world. :hug: you can try a blowup bed- I thought it was super comfy.

Just take this thing 1 hour at a time. You are soo close to the end.