She took exactly three steps

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ahmerl, Mar 14, 2008.

1. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

Jack and Lily (9 months 11 days) have been cruising and walking behind their radio flyer wagon (which I love) for about a month now.
    Lily; however, has been getting into standing and staying standing without holding onto anything for about 1 week now. It is really funny looking. She has spent the past month half squating - she was sitting on one knee but had the other leg in a squating position with the knee out and the foot on the floor. It is hard to describe but it looked like she was about to shoot up into standing on her own any minute. Last week, she finally started and now she is a pro. Yesterday she got what appeared to be her first urge to walk and would take a tenative step. Today I started coaxing her to come to me a bit and wouldn't you know she sort of walk ran a step or two and then three. It is funny because she has too much momentum going forward but she is definitly doing it!!!!
    very very proud.

One more thing,
    I just bought them this little basketball hoop and basketball and wouldn't you know it she puts that dang ball right into the basket every time. It sort of cheers when you slam dunk it and it took her a couple of days to figure out but now she just sits there and slam dunks like 10 times in a row!

Jack is just cruising along and trying to avoid his sisters enthusiastic tackles, ear tugs, and hair pulls!

2. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

way to go lily. She is definitly on the go.

3. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

WOW! That Lily is just amazing! You must be so proud. :)

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

That's so awesome!! :Clap:

5. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

That is wonderful :) Way to go!!!!
    You need to get a video if you can of the slam dunks :)

Dianna

6. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

What a big girl! How fun :D !

7. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Okay, you've always said Lily was a spitfire from the beginning -- and now holy cow, walking at 9 months! She is an amazing little girl! It must be just so cute to see....I would love to see some recent pics. :)

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:clapping: WTG Lily!!! :clapping:

9. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Yay, Lily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

So exciting. You should be so proud, Amy.