Shoes

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by daisies, Dec 22, 2012.

1. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

Do your kids wear shoes? when did they start and how often do they wear them?

2. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

My kids don't wear shoes with a real sole until after they're walking. Before then they wear robeez or a slipper type shoe.

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

We got our boys their first real shoes around 9 months. It was starting to get cool outside, and they were already pulling up (and walked around 11-11.5 months), so we went ahead.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Robeez until they walk well here, too.

5. ward

ward Well-Known Member

we got our girls shoes around 13 months to encourage walking and we bought Squeakers. But they do not wear them all the time and normally would go barefoot or wear socks they have wide feet so finding a shoe that would fit them comfortably was hard anyways. They still now (even though walking) rarely go places with shoes on mainly because they are normaly in a stroller when we do go places and aren't permitted to run around. And at home they are always barefoot. =)

6. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

I don't do shoes till after they are walking, and only soft soles for the next 2-3 pairs after that. The more contact they have with the floor, to grip with their toes etc, the better.

7. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I'm pretty similar to Miriam. Just socks until they are walking a decent amount and then soft soled shoes until they are walking all over the place.