Shopping at Target

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by christinam, Jul 20, 2012.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

Is it just me or has their baby section just fizzled out? Their selection of baby clothes is small along with sheets and blankets. It's just disappointing.

2. DannyT

DannyT Well-Known Member

It has gotten much smaller and even online their instock positions are always limited.

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Not just you- I noticed myself they don't have pacifiers or kid underwear stocked.

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I've noticed it too, mostly with clothes. My local Target has plenty of pacifiers, though!

5. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Mine is thinner but it doesn't sound as bad as yours. This is bad news for me since I do about 90% of my shopping there.

6. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

The baby section at our Target is not TOO bad, but the toddler boys section is a joke - it's literally 3 small displays and that's it! Our store recently expanded to include fresh food, so they shrunk a number of sections.

7. christinam

I have three Targets to choose from within a 15 mins of me. I was at the Super Target with overpriced food. I need to check one of the other Targets.

DS recently made the switch from toddler to bIg boy clothes and the selection isn't as bad as Walmart. But, the toddler selection seems to have thinned out a bit.

8. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

It's the same here too. Last month I went to 3 different Targets and they had no dresses for under 24months ! I repeat no dresses! I'm still gobsmacked to be honest.

9. Silly_Putty

Silly_Putty Well-Known Member

Yes! It was okay a few months ago, but they just remodeled and added grocery and now it seems like they have almost nothing! Their stuff used to be cuter too...

10. christinam

Yes, it seems like the other areas of Target are lacking if they have a grocery section.

11. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I thought it was just our Target .... They used to have a huge baby section and now it's down to nothing really. I hate it. The same thing has happened to Walmart ... I don't get it.

12. Silly_Putty

Silly_Putty Well-Known Member

Go to Kohls. Find a printable coupon to bring with (I've found 30% off entire purchase ones), then only buy their sale stuff because their full prices are outrageous! I went a few days ago and got the kids a ton of cute Carter's 2 and 3 piece pajama sets for about $10 each. Their Jumping Beans stuff is usually pretty reasonable too.

I find it difficult to find cute and reasonable priced crib sheets. Target has some cute girly owl ones right now, but I hate the boy crib sheets they have and for some odd reason I can't bring myself to get the cute owl ones but no boy ones so I buy nothing.

It makes the standard "Target Gift Card" gift a lot more difficult to use!!

13. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I got a Target gift card at my baby shower - I wanted to shop online, I knew what I needed. Most of the stuff I wanted was not available online! That was a tad bit irritating!

14. christinam

I LOVE Kohl's! I do a lot of my shopping for the bigger kids there. The Jumping Bean line is really cute. I have a Carters within fifteen minutes of me as well and I find really good deals there with little babies. I get their coupons in the mail. The more you spend the more you save. They typically have their sleepers for $6-8. Once you're out of 6-9 months it can get pricey unless it's one sale and you have a coupon but I love Carters.

Any Target gift card I would use for diapers and wipes.

I still need to settle on crib sheets and blankets. I'm not buying a set right now. I don't want a bumper or crib skirt. I did find a cute Cars theme bedding on Walmart.com for $36 but you can't buy separate sheets. I'm going to check out Kohl's and the other Target (in store) to see what they have.