Short Cervix, Funneling, Bleeding

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by prat, Jan 9, 2008.

1. prat

prat New Member

I posted here last month when i was 22wks and put on bedrest for short cervix. I was taken off bedrest after week since i was ok to continue without it with minimal activity. At 26 wks jan 7th i had an US where my cervix was measuring 1.7, with was the same for the last 4wks.I have been scheduled to be given steroid shots to mature babies lungs next week. Everything else was fine.yesterday jan6th at 3.30am i went to pee and I peed blood. i didn't bleed again. I immediately went to emergency and was monitored until the resident doctor came to check me.the twins had good heart rate and movement. She checked my cervix and did not see any blood there. I was sent to get an US. where my cervix was measuring the same at 1.7cm but they saw some funneling from inside. So gave me the steroid shts yesterday and was sent home on strict bedrest.

Did anybody have funneling and bleeding but went on at least to 34weeks?

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Prat

2. kgolgo

kgolgo Well-Known Member

Hello,

I had a reverse scenario, bleeding at 16 weeks, funneling at 22 weeks, cerclage was put in and at 25 weeks my cervix started shortening down to 2.8 due to PTL and contractions. I was then put in hospital on mag and terb and stayed there for around 8 weeks with continuous contractions and shortening cervix down to nothing, so much that my cerclage broke by week 33. But I went to 33 weeks! So I hope this helps and know that you can do it, and by the way the babies are doing very well, they had to stay in the NICU for 24 days but are doing fabulous now at 8 months old and 18.3 lbs each!

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

I had funneling and a 2.5 measurement at 28 weeks. Down from almost 5 the week before. I was on strict bedrest, only getting up to pee, from that point on and had a c-section at 37 weeks. Hang in there, and keep that pressure off of your cervix. :hug99:

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug99:

5. Chrishelle

Chrishelle Well-Known Member

I had bleeding at 13 weeks, they weren't sure from what, funneling at 24weeks, cervix was at 2.5cm and placed on modified bedrest. I had weekly cervix checks, a preterm labor nurse called me once a week. I stayed off my feet as much as possible and drank TONS of water as I was having lots of contractions. I was taken off bedrest at 36 weeks and had the babies at 38 weeks.

Be sure to just follow your doctor's orders and most importantly stay off your feet as much as possible.

Praying all will be well for you and your little ones :hug99: