shorts

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by bstone716, Jun 22, 2009.

1. bstone716

bstone716 Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time finding shorts that fit my butt-less boys. Even many of the elastic waistband shorts are too big. I found one style of adjustable waist shorts at Target, but they only had them in jeans, no khakis.

Any ideas for me?

TIA!

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have to use really small shorts. My girls are 20 months old but wear size 6 - 12 month shorts. Have you tried a small size?

3. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

My son has the same problem. He'll be walking along and his pants will just fall straight off him around his ankles (very cute!). He wears cloth nappies (diapers) at home, so that fixes the problem, but if we go out and he wears disposables, he has to go down a size.

4. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

We do the same as Aimee and wear small sizes. My girls have several pairs of shorts that are 6-9 months. Unfortunately it doesn't work as well with pants because they end up being too short, but it works well with shorts.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

For DD we get shorts a size smaller. With DS, some brands he can fit in the 18 month size and some others he needs a size smaller. We have a pair of adjustable shorts for Luke that we have to put on the last setting to fit.

6. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I agree - we actually have a friend whose son is two and still wears 6 month shorts! :lol:

7. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

both my kids suffer from noassatall syndrome - especially now that they're not in diapers anymore! My 3 yr old fits very well in 12-18 mo pants!

8. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AmynTony @ Jun 22 2009, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1364135[/snapback]
    both my kids suffer from noassatall syndrome

:rotflmbo:

9. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

My brother's nickname is Snake Hips. Wanna guess why? ;)

10. bstone716

bstone716 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Mellizos @ Jun 22 2009, 07:13 PM) [snapback]1364452[/snapback]
    My brother's nickname is Snake Hips. Wanna guess why? ;)

:rofl:

I CAN say that my boys inherited their Daddy's body shape. It's definitely NOT mine! :lol:

Thanks for the ideas, ladies. Looks like I'll be looking through the 6-9 month clothes.

11. ChanceKathleen

ChanceKathleen Well-Known Member

My smaller dd..I use a small scrunci to hold the shorts up bc of her small waist.

12. eatcelery

eatcelery Well-Known Member

My children are in the 5 and 20% for weight and have the same problems:

1. We only buy overalls or shortalls. In very hot weather Daniel will wear the shortoveralls with no shirt and he looks cute.

2. Buy the shorts in a MUCH smaller size.

3. Gymboree also sells adjustable waste band.

5. Tack each side of the shorts wasteband to take them in with a few looping stitches with thread and needle. Let them out next year so you can get a 2nd year out of them!!

13. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

My Dd has always been really skinny so I always have had a hard time with bottoms. I've used a safey pin a few times which worked well.

14. marcymiller

marcymiller Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ChanceKathleen @ Jun 23 2009, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1366153[/snapback]
    My smaller dd..I use a small scrunci to hold the shorts up bc of her small waist.

How? My poor one year old's brand new size 6 month shorts are way toooooo big!!! help!!

15. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

We used a lot of overall shorts for ds.