Should I call the doctor?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by RondaJo, Apr 27, 2008.

1. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

The last few days I've been getting stabbing pains "down there." I don't have any discharge or blood, but the pain is enough to stop me in my tracks for a bit. I don't *think* I've been contracting--but for me the Braxton Hicks have always been worse than the real ones. ;) I've looked and haven't been able to find anything to tell me if this is normal or not. I don't want to call tomorrow and go in if this is normal because I would have to drag all 3 kids by myself and that's just too much for me right now. Of course if this isn't normal then I would be in in a heartbeat.

Maybe this is just my body's way of telling me to slow down and take it easy (we had a very busy weekend with a lot of traveling). Ideas anyone?

I hate being at this stage; where I'm so miserable, ready to be done and having lots of new pains, but yet knowing the baby has to cook longer in order to be completely okay. I also feel so *dumb* about everything because this pregnancy is so different from the others.

June 4th cannot come soon enough. ;)

2. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

When in doubt...call and ask. That's what I did. It does sound normal to me but it can't hurt just to call and ask. My midwife helped guide me through some questionalbe bh cntx. They wre every 2-3 minutes for several hours (like all day) but didn't hurt. They did go away when I went to bed at night but would often return the next day. This went on for weeks. She said I would know the real thing when it happened...and I certainly did :)

3. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I would call just to ask and be safe. No question is ever dumb...I figure, if it's enough to make you come on here and ask, you should probably call the dr...lol! I hope it's nothing though.

I was getting those "pains" really really low towards the end of my single pregnancy. I think it was just round ligaments pains (which I never had with the twins b/c of being on bedrest and not doing anything). This pregnancy I was working on my feet 24 hours a week and in the office 24 hours a week and just really busy. I worked until 2 days before having the baby. I think it totally took more a toll on my body.

HUGS to you!

4. 2monkeez

2monkeez Well-Known Member

I agree, you should call if you are unsure.

I did (am having) the same exact thing you are describing and I did call and go in...they checked and I am not dilating...it freaked me out because it was like really bad menstrual cramps and I was having some painful Braxton Hicks...they attributed it to not resting and being on my feet all day, having had twins (all stretched out <_< ), and chasing three little ones all day. I have been trying to sit more, and they are right it does subside somewhat, but it is scary and I have never felt this way with any of the others either...it totally stinks!!! I used to enjoy being pg...this time I am sooooo done!!!

I hope you feel better soon and June 4 comes real fast!!

:hug99:

5. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

Sorry, the pains I'm talking about aren't in my abdomen. By "down there" I meant in my vagina or my cervix or something in that area.

6. 2monkeez

2monkeez Well-Known Member

Well, duh Kate!!!! :rolleyes: Of course, if you meant abdomen...you would have said it!!!! Wow...I really am losing brain cells!!! You will have to forgive me...this pg is killing me!!!!!!

None the less....I hope it gets better soon!

7. denali_ice

denali_ice Well-Known Member

and I am assuming that you are talking about stabbing pains that aren't baby kicks either? That has to be the one kick I can't stand.