Should I leave them where they fall asleep...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ca2pa2005, Feb 16, 2008.

1. ca2pa2005

ca2pa2005 Well-Known Member

Currently during the day my girls usually fall asleep in the swing or bouncy seat. They still pretty much sleep throughout most of the day so they don't have any defined nap periods other then basically after every feeding. At night I do swaddle them in their miracle blankets and put them to sleep in their pnp (soon crib). My question is during they day when they fall asleep in the swing or bouncy seat should I be taking them out swaddling them and put them in their pnp(or crib) or just allow them to sleep where they are? I really wish they issued step by step instruction manuals for babies:)

2. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

There is a saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.." That's what I liked to think of when I had little ones that were that young. Right now if they are falling asleep in bouncies and swings, just let them be and get some rest yourself. There is plenty of time to get them into the PNP or the crib, in the next few months. Now is the time to sleep as much as possible, and I don't mean the twins, I mean YOU! :hug99:

3. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

There is a saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.." That's what I liked to think of when I had little ones that were that young. Right now if they are falling asleep in bouncies and swings, just let them be and get some rest yourself. There is plenty of time to get them into the PNP or the crib, in the next few months. Now is the time to sleep as much as possible, and I don't mean the twins, I mean YOU!

Amen to that! I just let mine sleep wherever they fell asleep, and they are great crib sleepers now. Take the sleep and run. :)

4. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

Mine are asleep in the bouncy seats right now and I'm not about to move them!!! :)

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I let mine sleep wherever they were. I just covered them with a blanket and let them go.

6. HT

HT Well-Known Member

My girls slept in their swings for 4 months. I would swaddle them, put them in a swing and they would be asleep in 10 mins. They would sleep for 2-3 hours at a time. Heck no, I won't move them! It took only a few days to switch one baby to the crib, about a week for the 2nd and we never did CIO. Mine always slept in the cribs at night from birth.

7. coveytwins

coveytwins Well-Known Member

I let them sleep where they fall asleep during the day. They don't like being swaddled anymore. That ended at about three weeks old for them...they just kicked free. My son loves his swing!!! He could sleep there forever if I let him.LOL..my daughter sleeps in a bouncer that i put in the PIP next to our bed at night so she is propped up so she spits up less. My son sleeps in another PIP at the foot of the bed in a glider type thing inside of it. We are surrounded by PIP in out tiny lil bedroom. It is quite funny. There gorgeous round crib sits untouched and full of stuffed animals to the top...kinda like a big toy box for now...We are out of space with all of our kids in a tiny house.

8. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone else! Let them sleep!!! My girls slept on boppy pillows on the couch when they were tiny. I would feed one, lay her in the bobby with a blanket drapped over it so she didn't slip down, feed the other and by the time the second was done with her bottle the first was sound asleep. Put the other in the other boppy and sat between them with my laptop :)

They also slept in swings, bouncy chairs, the activity mat (there were many times when they fell asleep playing), etc. But I did also swaddle and lay them down in the pnp if they were awake but sleepy.

They now nap and sleep at night in their cribs with no problems (started that around 4 month (night), 6 months (naps)). For now you need to just do what works! GL!

9. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

At that age, I let my kids sleep where they fell asleep during the day. At night, I put them in their PNP or crib.

10. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Feb 16 2008, 08:08 PM) [snapback]624920[/snapback]
    There is a saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.." That's what I liked to think of when I had little ones that were that young. Right now if they are falling asleep in bouncies and swings, just let them be and get some rest yourself. There is plenty of time to get them into the PNP or the crib, in the next few months. Now is the time to sleep as much as possible, and I don't mean the twins, I mean YOU! :hug99:

DITTO!!! I still revert to the swing everytime they learn something new and don't want to go to sleep on their own in their crib. Now that they are older I take them out of it once they fall asleep. When they were that age they slept in their baby papisan chairs all the time and then it was swings all the time for about 3 more months. Just take advantage of the time they are sleeping and forget about the dishes and laundry and just sleep!

11. ca2pa2005

ca2pa2005 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the feedback. I was just worried after my mom had made a comment to me that had me worried I was doing something wrong. I will just enjoy the fact they are sleeping wherever it may be.