should I push?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by firemedic, Jun 11, 2007.

1. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

Emma wanted to wear underwear on Sat. She did great and only had 3 accidents all day. We took the potty chair outside while we had a cookout and she even used it then. Yesterday we went to the zoo so she wore a pullup but went to the potty several times. Today dh dressed her so she had on a pullup. She has pottied 3 times and is now napping. I have to work on Wed but I really want to put her in underwear fulltime and see what happens. What do you think? She is 25 months. Ethan shows no interest.

2. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

If she seems interested you could always give her a friendly push in the right direction. Just be ready for regression if she gets bored with pottying in the potty.

3. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

If she is asking and is ready then I would go for it. I don't think it is beneficial to be switching back on forth depending on the day and who dresses her. I would however have a conversation with her, something like you think she is a big girl and you would love to have her wear underwear like she requests but she has to continue to show improvement. In other words if she is going to continue to have 3 accidents a day then I don't think that it benefiting anyone. Good luck! I think it is great when they ask for the change, both of mine did and it worked out perfectly!

4. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

She finally pooped in the potty this evening. We had a big celebration and she got 3 M&Ms. I was so proud. A little bit later I was cooking dinner and I hear Ethan saying he was pooping. I looked back the hall and he was sitting on the potty. I went running to him and he had his diaper half off and trying to go. I took the diaper off and he pooped in the potty too. Of course we had another poopy party!!!!!! Maybe he will go more now too.