Should I send her to daycare tomorrow?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by thea7, May 14, 2009.

1. thea7

thea7 Well-Known Member

My kids are 3 years old. My DS started throwing up on Saturday and was pretty much better on Monday, so I think he had a 48 hour bug. Then my DD started throwing up on Monday, so I figured she had the same thing. She seemed to be doing better Wednesday, but then Wednesday evening she threw up again three times. Today she seems better, she's happy and playing, but she doesn't want to eat. She is drinking and she hasn't had any fever during this. They are suppose to go to daycare tomorrow (and I'm suppose to go to work). I think my DS is back to "normal" and can go, but I'm not sure about DD. I'm keeping an eye on her today. Of course if she throws up today I'll keep her home tomorrow. If she continues to seem ok but just not eating, I'm not sure if I should send her or not. WWYD?

Thanks,
    thea

2. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

Personally, knowing how hard it is to have sick kids and needing to go to work. . I would probably say if she doesnt vomit at all today, I would take her tomorrow. That is my kids daycare's policy anyway; to be symptom free for 24 hours. So, if she threw up last night, but nothing all day today and overnight tonight, I would hope she is getting better, and I would take her.

3. thea7

thea7 Well-Known Member

Amy,
    Thanks for your response. Our daycare has the same "no symptoms for 24 hours" policy. So if she doesn't throw up today I technically could send her. I think it's her not eating that worries me. But I would like to send her. Thanks for your feedback.

thea

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Our daycare's rule is 24 hours with no vomiting on a normal diet. If she even ate something -- even if not as much or as wide variety as normal -- I'd send her. But if she's not eating at all (or barely at all), that's not a normal diet.

So, although I would be sorely tempted to send her, and she's probably fine, in good conscience I really couldn't.

The most frustrating episode of vomiting we had with our kids was when Sarah threw up once every night for 3 nights in a row! I had to keep her out of daycare almost the whole week, and I had to keep her on the BRAT diet, but during the day she was totally fine.

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

I wouldn't send her if she is not eating yet.

6. sv2001302

sv2001302 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(becky5 @ May 14 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1314014[/snapback]
    I wouldn't send her if she is not eating yet.

agree with this