side stomach pain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by newtothis, Mar 9, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

ever since my doc told me i was having contractions and that my uterus looked 'irritable,' i am very paranoid.
    i have this subtle pain that comes and goes on my sides. is it stretching or something to be worried about? its literally on the sides of my stomach. it feels like a stomach ache.

i work and although i sit a lot at work, it's difficult for me to lay down!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: Please try and not worry about the contractions. I know that is so much easier said then done but I know when I was pregnant that stress made my contractions (braxton hicks) worse. :hug: If you are worried about the pains on the side, call your doctor. They are the only ones that can put your mind at ease. :good:

3. newtothis

thank you. its just so tough taking a day off a week to go to the doctor and i have so many things going on at work that i need to be here. atleast until easter, lol. :huh:
    i had a smoothie for breakfast and just drank about 1/2 liter of water so far today. i am worried maybe im not getting enough water?

i just can decipher between stretching/ligament pain and braxton hicks pain.

4. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I also had a very difficult time deciphering between contractions & growing pains :hug:
    I agree to contact your Dr. if you are at all concerned :good:
    Drink tons & tons of water & hopefully they will subside a bit!
    Keep us posted!

5. newtothis

i just called my doc and they are having a doctor call me back. i hope it's nothing. how much water do you all drink a day?

6. jnholman

jnholman Well-Known Member

I was having side pain that came and went about every 4 minutes. I called the Dr, he told me to come in and then he told me that I was having contractions every 4 minutes. I was 31w and still working. Well, I am home now and have not had any contractions since.

When in doubt, call your Dr. That is what they are there for.

Jenn

7. dutree123

dutree123 Well-Known Member

I hear that dehydration can trigger the Braxton Hicks contractions-So yeah drink plenty of water & do evrything that you can to not worry-I always find that reasearch and educating myself about my symptoms calms me. The good thing is that if you find things out early I have found that there are many precautions that can be taken. For contractions-there are things the dr. can do to stop or slow them down-try to put yourself on bedrest ( just plain ole taking it easy) And always...always keep your dr. posted. You will be fine! :hug:

8. esbuckell

esbuckell Well-Known Member

I hear you on the side pains. I've been having some this week. I'm also on contraction meds, still working, and downing as much water as I can stand (and then some). I have an appointment on Wednesday and I'm hoping to hold out until then. The pain isn't bad. I figure most of it is from trying to get out of bed or picking something up off the floor. I'll be thinking of you. Take care of yourself.