signing times question

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ruthjulia, Nov 30, 2006.

1. ruthjulia

ruthjulia Well-Known Member

we have vols 1-3 and our kids absolutely LOVE them and have picked up a ton of signs. these are the only dvds they watch (they usually watch one a day), so i feel like i should get them some more and i'm looking for recommendations. any particular volumes your kids like? what's a reasonable price to pay if i get them on ebay? thanks!

2. ruthjulia

we have vols 1-3 and our kids absolutely LOVE them and have picked up a ton of signs. these are the only dvds they watch (they usually watch one a day), so i feel like i should get them some more and i'm looking for recommendations. any particular volumes your kids like? what's a reasonable price to pay if i get them on ebay? thanks!

3. jwozy

jwozy Well-Known Member

We like Vol. 6 - it's on the favorite things, colors and has the rainbow song, Vol. 5 - my son loves as it goes over the abcs and lots of singing but signing the alphabet is a bit more difficult when they were younger, Vol 7 is all about farm animals which they recognize and love, and Vol 9 is about animals in a zoo. My kids didn't like Vol 4 too much but I think it was just a little more difficult to grasp the concept of family and feelings when they were younger.

I think all of them are good but for us Vol 8 and Vol 10-13 (we haven't even watch 13) was better suited when they were a bit older and had a better recognized the items being taught. Not sure what's a good price as I was able to purchase ours through pre-sale.

4. Babytimes2

Babytimes2 Well-Known Member

We have volumes 1 - 6 and the boys love all of them. We bought them volumes 7 - 9 for Christmas.

5. Zigcanada

Zigcanada Well-Known Member

I would suggest volumes 4-6, and be sure to get the music cd. My girls listen to that cd all of the time; it gets more use than the dvds (simply because I only allow them one or two shows per day.) I cannot say enough good things about Signing Times; it has been a real gift for our family.

6. Zigcanada

Sorry - I forgot to add that the pricing on eBay is pretty constant; I cannot recall what was typical, but I almost never saw lower prices. If you sign up for the signingtime.com newsletter, there is usually a monthly discount code if you want to order directly from them.

7. Zigcanada

Okay, I SWEAR this is my last post; I keep thinking of additional things to mention (sorry!). I just want to add that my girls also loved the Baby Signing Time dvds; I got them when they were almost 18 months and they still watch them occasionally, and they still sing the songs almost daily. I was worried they would be too old for them, but they connected to the dvds within a few viewings, and I think they liked seeing other toddlers rather than older kids.

Cheers,
    Loleen

8. lanychat

lanychat Well-Known Member

Our local PBS station shows Signing Time at 7:30 on Sat mornings and I just record them. If you want them and are on a tight budget I recommend checking to see if they come on in your area.

9. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

If they like 1-3, then I'd move onto 4-6. 7-9 are good as well and have tons of animal & outdoor but my girls still aren't too into 10-13. 4-6 has a lot of everyday signs and #5 is really good at teaching the ABCs.

On Ebay, the only way you can get a deal is if they are used or if someone got them as a gift and doesn't want them. Otherwise, they are bound by the same minimum manufacturer pricing as websites. (That's actually how it is with many items sold as new on Ebay). We price our Signing Times on our website the same price as we used to on Ebay. Many Ebay sellers will list their website on their About Me page and website orders don't require them to give $3-$4 to Ebay for each purchase. Often, the worst place to order something is directly from the manufacturer because they have the highest prices.

The best price you will find for a new DVD gift set is $54.99 with free shipping. [​IMG] If you have any questions about the Signing Time DVDs, let me know and I'll be happy to help.

10. ruthjulia

thanks everyone! that's a GREAT idea to see if I can tivo them from PBS - I'll definitely look into that. if not, i'm still torn between 4-6 and 7-9 because i think my kids would LOVE all the animals. maybe i'll just get both!

11. **Sandy**

**Sandy** Well-Known Member

My girls prefer 7-9 because they love the animals.