Silly bed question...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Oct 1, 2010.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So our cribs are convertibles. The plan is to put them in the toddler beds by their third birthday. I want to do their bedroom over as their birthday gift. It never crossed our minds until the other day-do I need a toddler bedding set for the toddler bed? I can't see buying a toddler bed set and then a twin bed set next year. Make sense? I'd switch them to a twin bed, but we don't have the cash for twin mattresses. We could always ask for them for Christmas I am sure.

So-can I get the twin bedding for their crib mattress(which I assume is the mattress that goes on the toddler bed).

I swear-the things we never think of!

Thanks! :)

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I think the twin bedding would be way too big for the toddler beds. I don't even know how you would get the comforter to stay on the bed, especially if it's a crib converted toddler bed. Can you still redo their rooms and continue using their crib sets until they move to twin beds?

3. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

We use our crib sheets from when they were born, along with some cheap Circo brand ones from Target in a solid color. I then bought throw blankets in a smaller size for their beds & also made a few fleece tie blankets that we can rotate through. I let them pick their pillow cases & voila...big kid beds! I think it's crazy to buy toddler bedding when you can use the same fitted sheet you already ARE using. Mine don't have a flat sheet & I don't tuck any of their blankets in. Just the fitted, a pillow, & a top blanket. We also have the convertible cribs that are now daybed toddler beds. I'll go all out & get new bedding when we splurge for twin beds in the future...

4. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

What she said! Don't waste your money on a toddler bed set (unless you have the disposable income, and then who's to judge?). We still use the same fitted crib sheets with twin sized blankets and travel pillows/cases. I just bunch the extra blanket at the bottom of the bed, or fold it double if it's a cold night.

5. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

We used the same sheets and blankets in their toddler beds that we used in the cribs. Their blankets were fleece blankets that my mom made for them. We didn't get the new bedding till we moved out of the toddler beds.

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Yeah when ours were in toddler beds i just bought the toddler sized blankets. i think we still have them too

7. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I use a crib sheet and a regular blanket folded in half.

8. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

There aren't really a whole lot of toddler bedding sets to chose from anyway, unless you want character stuff, which personally, I don't like. I did end up ordering matching toddler quilts with coordinating fitted sheets. I'm anal about their room coordinating which can be a challenge since they are boy/girl, but thankfully I am still getting use out of the toddler bedding for their daycare cots. DH thought I was crazy for getting bedding for toddler beds when we knew they would only be in them for a short time, but he knows when to let me have my way! :)