silly halloween question

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Sep 4, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

my boys will be 5 months old by the time halloween rolls around. my DH is making fun of me bc i want to go trick or treating with them. lol.

at the very least i want to dress them up and go for a walk around the neighborhood. i remember seeing a post about halloween costumes. if they wear 3 months now, what type of costume do i have to get them? infant? im searching online for ideas while i BF the boys.

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

I have always dressed the kids up for Halloween, no matter how young they were! Costumes usually have some sort of weight/height limit,but I would go to a store and check them out if you can.

3. Carrie27

Carrie27 Well-Known Member

Infant sized. You can get one that is size 3-6 months. I took my oldest dd when she was 6 months old, I went with two other families that had older children. Last year the babies were a month old and we put them in little onesie outfits and walked around with two other families again.

This year I may not be doing it at all as hubby might be deploying right before and I just won't feel like it.

4. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

i was just at target and they have some really cute infant costumes there. i am going to dress the twinks up and go for a walk around the neighborhood and there is usually a party at our neighborhood park. then they can play in the front yard while i am handing out candy.

5. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

Since they're going to be in the stroller anyway, it doesn't matter if the outfits are a bit big. Depending on how cold you think it's going to be, you could get something fuzzy/fleecy that's meant to go over their regular clothes.

6. Valyre

Valyre Well-Known Member

Ours will almost be 5mo for Halloween. My DH's family always comes over to trick or treat in our neighborhood, so I'm making the boys costumes so they can go around with their nephews. Halloween's kind of my holiday, though.

7. kenneymich

kenneymich Member

I was debating on what to do in terms of costumes for Halloween. I wanted them to dress up but didn't want to spend too much money b/c I knew that they would probably only hit 2 or 3 homes before they started to fuss. So, I went online and found skeleton "jammies" that actually look just like a costume! They even glow in the dark! Since the girls' bedtime is right around the time when trick-or-treating starts in our neighborhood, the costume/jammy thing is great because I can get them home and right into bed!

8. serialmommy

serialmommy Well-Known Member

we'll go trick or treating, but i also have older kids...our plan is to do a whole "peter pan" thing...james will be captain hook, jayden will be a fairy (i'd love for her to be tinkerbell, but tinkerbell "isn't pink" so she doesn't really like her), and izzy will be peter...for the twins they will be "lost boys" (even though abbey is a girl) and i found light weight animal jammies with hoods at walmart for them...

9. StaceeyL

StaceeyL Well-Known Member

You could always go to Old Navy and buy Halloween t-shirts. They are usually pretty cute and are no more than $5 each. I am thinking of doing that for my girls this year. Baby Gap has really cute t-shirts that are about $16 each.

10. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We just walked around the block with them last year, it was fun.

11. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

BRU sells infant costumes. My DD was 3 weeks old for her first Halloween. I just took her outside so all the neighbors could see her. One Step Ahead has swaddle costumes this year that are adorable.