Simplicity Cribs RECALLED

Discussion in 'General' started by twinzmom2b, Sep 21, 2007.

1. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

2. Stacy1976

Stacy1976 Well-Known Member

I dont have these, thank god, but I wanted to bump it up for you. :8714bumper:

3. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

we have these, and we don't use them anymore. But...we were going to donate them this week! I'm glad I saw this. I'll order the new hardware before we donate them so they can be rebuilt safely.

4. twinzmom2b

QUOTE(Donia @ Sep 21 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]417750[/snapback]
    we have these, and we don't use them anymore. But...we were going to donate them this week! I'm glad I saw this. I'll order the new hardware before we donate them so they can be rebuilt safely.

Yeah, I wasn't too worried about it since my twins are older and we are moving them out in 3 months anyway, but I told Dh we need to get the new hardware and install it in case we ever want to get rid of the cribs.

5. blueeyez553

blueeyez553 Well-Known Member

im very very glad that i saw this because we decided to get 2 of the nursery in a box. Im wondering if they have the corect ones in the store now

6. twinzmom2b

QUOTE(Babies On The Way @ Sep 21 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]417859[/snapback]
    im very very glad that i saw this because we decided to get 2 of the nursery in a box. Im wondering if they have the corect ones in the store now

If not, hopefulyl they have them replaced in stores soon. I personally LOVE the crib. We have the Simplicity Crib N Changer Combo's from Walmart. They were like $189/crib. They have held up great adn my girls are 27 months.

7. korie99

korie99 Well-Known Member

I also have these cribs for both my kids, we have the Aspen 3 in 1 and they were very inexpensive & convert to toddler beds. They've held up SO well and my kids will be 3 in December! I'm definitely going to order the repair so I can pass them along to someone else. Thanks for the info!

8. momoftwingirls2005

momoftwingirls2005 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. We have the Pooh 4 in 1 and were about to give one of them to our friend, but now I will wait until the new hardware arrives.

9. ihavesevensons

ihavesevensons Well-Known Member

YIKES......my twins have these cribs Aspen 4 in 1

thankfully our tab is on the top....still going to call though!!!!!!

I sent the warrenty cards in when we bought them and they never sent me anything about this recall!!!!!!!!! Why did I waste the ink and the stamp?!?!?!?!

10. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

AS far as what they have in the stores... the article I read on the recall said that they were sold in stores up until May 2007...so I believe the ones in the stores are safe now.

11. excitedinfla

excitedinfla Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinzmom2b @ Sep 21 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]417678[/snapback]
    Thought I would share this link. Both of our cribs for the twins fall into this recall, so I thought I would pass it along.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07307.html

There was an article in today's Palm Beach Post about a 2 1/2 year old girl who died when her head got caught between a broken side rail and the frame of a Simplicity. The mother said she got it a couple years ago from Wal-Mart and they had intended to replace the crib with money the family just raised for them. In the meantime, I think they had used tape to hold it together. I'll try to link:
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/con...1/0921CRIB.html