Since we all know tickers never lie...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by miss_bossy18, Aug 19, 2011.

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

...I'm down to double digits left in this pregnancy!! :woohoo:

Also, I think my ticker lady finally popped (it's about dang time :rolleyes:).

Other than that, all is well - baby is wiggling away & making his presence felt (the girls like to talk to him & "show" him things that they're playing with :wub:). They like to help me put moisturizer on my belly every morning & often ask if the baby is sleeping or awake so they can come & feel him kick.

I've decided to do the gestational diabetes screen as there's a history of type II diabetes in my family & my one sister had GD with her last pregnancy so I feel the risk is high enough to warrant more active management. At the moment I'm showing no symptoms of GD so am hopeful that I'll screen negative. On the plus side, my midwives told me that if you call ahead & confirm with the lab in advance, they can tell you a specific number of jelly beans to eat for the screen rather than that awful orange syrup. :bad: Just in case anyone else wanted to find out if that's an option where they live. :good:

I also need to get some blood taken to check my antibody levels because I'm Rh-. This also means I have to get my WinRho (Rhogam in the States) shot at my next appointment. Funny story - my birth doula for the girls (Tamara) is my student midwife this time around (which is awesome!). We've become very good friends since the girls' birth & work together in our doula businesses. The fact that she was at my daughters' births means that I don't have that much to hide from her, however, I'm feeling so weird about her giving me a shot of WinRho since it's shot into my butt! :laughing: It's so funny to me sometimes the things that wig me out.

Last, but not least, I'm currently getting over a head cold which wouldn't be so bad except that I'm on to the coughing stage now - and with each cough, I just never know if I'm going to pee my pants a little or not. :blush: So annoying! (And also probably TMI). ;)

What's going on with everyone else these days?

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Rachel, you are cracking me up!

So... I can eat jellybeans for the diabetes test? I'm so going to do that!

I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and between the coughing and trying not to barf at the same time (first thing in the morning!) I'd pee myself a little. :aggressive: That is just too much to worry about first thing in the morning!

My baby is a junk food junkie. Seriously. I can't manage water (& it's only like 96 degrees and we have no AC here :grr:) unless I eat salty chips with it. Or KFC. Or Burger King. Or like today- BOTH. :crazy: (One for breakfast, one for lunch). I hope this goes away soon- I'm spending a lot on fast food and I hate how unhealthy it is.

Next week I have an appointment with a Midwifery Center associated with a teaching hospital. I'm excited as they have a really high VBAC success rate.

Oh, & I'm having insane pregnancy dreams. I dreamt that I had a home u/s machine and I diagnosed my unborn baby with choridisis (sp?) (the condition where the hole of the penis isn't at the tip). Which is nuts b/c you can't tell that on u/s. I dreamt that I dialed to 10cm and nothing happened for days. Also that my mom went to Vegas and won $50k playing Texas Hold'Em. My mom doesn't know how to play poker and would NEVER bet more than $1 on anything! :laughing:

3. kcprochazka

kcprochazka Well-Known Member

YAY for double digits!!! That's alway such a great feeling! Thanks for the tip on the jelly beans - I will definitely check that out!

Its also nice to know I'm not the only one craving nasty food. We never, ever eat fast food, yet that's one of the few things that sound good this time around. I hope you can have your VBAC, Michelle! That's wonderful that you found a good place for one. Our Dr was really supportive of ours last time around and it was SO empowering!

Just hanging in here. Almost 9 weeks and m/s is definitely here. Hoping it doesn't last too long. I feel so useless around the house. If I'm resting I feel better, so some days I feel like that's all that I do (like today). Poor DH is having to pick up all the slack with the house. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not forever.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yeah, my DH is doing a heckuva lot of work every night, too. I'm like a dishrag after 6pm. :faint:

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Nice!! It sounds like things are going pretty good with you. :good: Well all except for the peeing part. :lol: Sorry but I did laugh a bit at that one. :blush: I'm very mature, aren't I?

OH yeah, definitely insane dreams. :blink:
    Enjoy the junk food while you can with no guilt. :blbl:

It's not forever and it's okay to let him pick up the slack while you are MAKING A HUMAN!! No easy task, I tell ya. :hug: Though I, too, felt very guilty but there isn't much one can do. It will pass and it'll be worth it!!

:umm: Am I the only one that actually liked that orange drink? :pardon:

--------------

Nothing too exciting around here to report and that's good!! I'm 33 weeks today and tomorrow is my baby shower!! Yay!! I am going to try and do a VBAC but I've also got my c/s date scheduled for October 7th. I really hope I can do it vaginally so we'll see. Last week my baby boy was head down and I believe he still is since the hiccups seem quite low. :good: I'm tired and I've been eating alot!! I was doing SO well with the eating/gaining and I feel like now I'm going the complete opposite way with it all and I just can't control myself... so I'm going with it. :laughing:

6. kcprochazka

kcprochazka Well-Known Member

Talk about crazy pg dreams - last night I dreamed we were pg with identical quads - all in the same sac!!! Ha! :) Pretty sure that's not going to happen ever. ;)

Ooo Liz - Have fun at your baby shower! I didn't mind the orange stuff - tasted like flat orange soda. But if I could get away with jelly beans instead you know I will! ;)

7. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I'm down to single digits in weeks left! I can't believe it.. :eek:

I did the glucose test two or three weeks ago, and it seemed to me it was totally different than with my twins. Back then, I don't remember the drink being all that bad, and it was only about 6 ozs. This time it was awful and a full 12 oz bottle. I almost got sick, the stuff was so bad.

My twins go back to school this week, so no more dragging them to my OB appointments, which is awesome. I seem to be getting the PUPPPS rash again, which is not so awesome. :(

I have to say, I don't know how woman have babies really close together!! (Besides twins, anyway.) I can't imagine being pregnant and having a toddler too!