Sitting down in shower

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by LeeandJenn15, Jan 12, 2010.

1. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

Okay, so it's probably nothing, but it bothers me for some reason. My 10-yr-old DSS always sits down while he takes a shower. We have a shower/bathtub combo, with a clear shower curtain. I didn't know he was sitting down until we got a clear shower curtain, and now it's obvious. My DH said he remembers sitting in the shower when he was younger and doesn't see anything wrong with it. To me, it seems like it kind of defeats the purpose of the shower. He doesn't get as clean, since the water isn't hitting all parts (like his bottom), and, since he's so much farther away from the source of the spray, he's getting more of a "sprinkle" than a spray.

I should probably just be happy that he easily takes a shower and gets moderately clean afterwards, right?

I don't even know why it bothers me, it just seems a little odd, or maybe, a little lazy, I'm not sure??

2. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I never thought much about it. Sarah prefers to sit down in the shower and Timothy prefers to stand. As long as he is making sure he gets cleans, I don't think it makes a difference.

Honestly, I would sit in the shower while I was pregnant with the kids. It was just more comfortable for some reason.

Marissa

3. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

My 6 yr. old likes to sit in the shower a lot. I've never thought much of it. She likes to splash around and sometimes plays with some of the toys or cups in there.

4. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

:pardon: Seems a little odd to me too but, as it's not doing any harm, I'd just leave him to it.

5. Haley'sHope

Haley'sHope Well-Known Member

i don't think there is anything wrong with it. i actually like to sit down in the shower when i'm really tired an achy. the hot water hitting my back feels really good and it helps my muscles relax.

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't really know if my 10 year old sits or stands in the shower, I'm never in there with her. But I think as long as they are having a shower (or bath) and getting somewhat clean, it doesn't really matter. :pardon:

7. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

Thanks!! Exactly what I wanted! Other perspectives!! I won't give it another thought! Now I do feel a little silly for bringing it up...

Good thing no one's judgemental!!