skateboards?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by naomi02, Jul 19, 2008.

1. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

We went camping last weekend with some friends & one of the teenagers brought her skateboard. Ds hopped up on that thing & just naturally knew what to do - we were amazed at how good he was! So I was thinking ahead to Christmas; would that be a safe gift? Do they even make something like that, smaller??

2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

yes! they make skateboards smaller and they even make them with removable handlebars that make it more like a scooter at first! my boys all have skateboards and my girls love to ride!

3. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I saw smaller skateboards at KB Toys and TRU a few weeks ago! They are super cute. I would have loved to see one of mine hopping on a skateboard! How awesome that he did it so well!

4. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

They have smaller ones ! My boys are SO going to be skaters. We have a beautiful skate park up the street from us and they love to watch the older kids skate.

5. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

My 4 year old received a Tony Hawk kids size skateboard from my friend about a year and a half ago. He loves it. My twins rather would sit on DHs longboard with him and ride down the side walk.

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yep, they make small ones. Owen has been a skateboarder for years now & I'm sure Luke will be following in his footsteps. He already likes to stand on it & have Owen pull him around. They're safe enough as long as they have proper helmets on!

7. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Heathermomof5 @ Jul 19 2008, 10:42 PM) [snapback]885173[/snapback]
    yes! they make skateboards smaller and they even make them with removable handlebars that make it more like a scooter at first! my boys all have skateboards and my girls love to ride!

Where do you find those?? I didn't see anything on TRU's website.