Sleepovers when you have opposite sex close in age

Discussion in 'General' started by 4EverHis, Jul 13, 2007.

1. 4EverHis

4EverHis Well-Known Member

Mine are close in age and I find it hard to let them do this with both of their friends over on the same night. What have you done? How do you handle it?

2. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

We did it ONCE where there were boys and girls over on the same night. What a mess! Boys woke up with make up on. The girls were too paranoid to get any sleep. So now it's either boys over or girls over. Sometimes we get lucky and the girls will be at a friends house while there are boys over.

3. fourznuff

fourznuff Well-Known Member

My older two aren't super close in age but when one is going to sleep over at a friends house I usually try to take that opportunity to have the other one have a friend sleep over at ours. Kills two birds with one stone (just a turn of phrase, I am a bird killer or anything).

-Kimberly

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fourznuff @ Jul 14 2007, 06:46 AM) [snapback]330499[/snapback]
    My older two aren't super close in age but when one is going to sleep over at a friends house I usually try to take that opportunity to have the other one have a friend sleep over at ours. Kills two birds with one stone (just a turn of phrase, I am a bird killer or anything).

-Kimberly

bird killer! (just joking! I thought that was so funny!)

5. 8isgreat

8isgreat Well-Known Member

We have not had this issue....but....I do not think we would do this.

Donita....sounds like an interesting night!! Did you get any sleep? :wacko:

6. NRadoumis

NRadoumis Member

UGH!!! I have 17 year old B/G twins and this comes up all the time! Starting a few years ago, I would allow them each to have a friend over so long as the girls stayed in one room and the boys in the other. Welllll, that lasted all of about 30 seconds. First, they have to tease each other NON STOP, then it's the drama of cell phones and text messaging and "he likes her" "she likes him" and then the fights "he keeps coming in our room" "she is farting and blaming us". Since my twins all have the same friends, it's often just like a bunch of siblings. However, I also have 4 older boys and that would be a bigger issue when girls came over. All of the girls wanted to get the attention of the older boys and that was hillarious! Estrogen fest!

I think one of the things I have realized over the past couple years is that the biggest fear of sleepovers is that they will all end up having sex - and you know what, if that is their intention, they sure don't need my house as an excuse! I do keep the rule of girls and boys stay separate and lights out at midnight. Other than that, I just have to trust.