Snacks

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MrsBirch, Apr 22, 2011.

1. MrsBirch

MrsBirch Well-Known Member

We just cut out our afternoon bottle and have started a snack. I'm looking for snack ideas. What types of sancks did you give your LO's?

2. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

cheese, a yogurt (share one or one each, depends on the day), crackers (goldfish or multigrain), fruit and water sippies.

If they didn't eat a good lunch then I add a few pieces of avocado!

GL

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Usually yogurt and/or fruit, water, and some crackers/puffs/gerber crunchies, etc. I keep it pretty simple usually. They love yogurt and fruit, so that works well for us.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Dry stuff! Anything so I don't have to put on bibbs or roll up sleeves again. Crackers, fishies, cheese, sometimes a sweet thing and a glass of milk.

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Yoguart, fruit, granola bars, cereal bars, crackers and cheese, cheerios, sometimes frootloops.

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ditto that. We do a lot of crackers, dry cereal, cereal bars, chex mix. Sometimes I'll bust out yogurt, pudding cups or applesauce.

7. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

Grapes, apples, dried fruit, ggoldfish, cheese, the occasional fruit snack, steamed baby carrots. I try to find things that make the least mess for snack!

8. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Here is a list of things we would give for snacks:

Cut up grapes, apples, pears, bananas
    Fruit cup
    Cereal bars
    Cheerios
    Goldfish
    Kashi crackers (cut in half)
    Biscuits
    Yogurt

If we were eating late, or they seemed super hungry, sometimes I would add some protein like cheese cubes or bologna bits. Hope this helps! :)

9. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

canned/jarred fruit like peaches, pears, fruit cocktail without the pineapple (unless yours are really good at chewing - it's stringy)

blueberries

Naked, cut up noodles

Of course, this list assumes your kiddos have teeth and are OK with chewing.

10. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

Smart Puffs (the entire family loves these), Goldfish, grapes, peas, carrots, apples, Oatmeal Squares...anything easy to eat in the playroom. If they don't have a good lunch, I *might* strap them in the highchairs for applesauce.

11. ourtwopeas

ourtwopeas Well-Known Member

fruit (at the beginning pureed, now sliced)
    organic or sugar free crackers
    cheese sticks
    cooked veggies (carrots and broccoli are the favorites)
    bread with cream cheese
    avocado (initially mashed with some plain yogurt, but now they like to eat the slices)
    cheerios are always a hit

12. shelbaz

shelbaz Well-Known Member

I agree with all of the above. The afternoon snack is quick and dirty, something to munch on mindlessly after getting up from the nap. The less preparation for me, the better it is. We do nutri grain bars, goldfish, fruit snacks, gerber puffs or yogurt melts. It is always a finger food time, and not in high chairs. I will keep a sippie of water handy. otherwise, that is it!!