So overwhelmed - rough week

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christinam, Apr 1, 2011.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I'm so overwhelmed right to the point I'm just not getting anything done. My house is a mess. Laundry is far past overflowing. The dishes aren't bad but we haven't been able to eat at the table in about a week or more cause it's covered in junk. I don't know what to do with any of this stuff! Our house us do small and space is limited. The kids are crazy. The twins are easier to deal with right now. My neice was supposed to come cut the kids hair today and I had to cancel cause she doesn't have a place to set up. I know this will all work out and things will get easier and I can't wait! This morning I was looking around and just started crying.

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

It must be in the air! My house looks like a bomb hit it as well, and a disorganized house makes my entire life feel out of control. I'm with ya.

What I'm going to do, and maybe you and I can do it together, is throw in the first load of laundry tonight and then sit down with a to-do list. I'm going to tackle things one room at a time (probably starting with the kitchen since it's the most used room) and just plug away as much as possible. Are your older kids able to help through their own list or maybe keeping an eye on the younger ones? I know that the biggest challenge is finding the TIME.

You're not alone, and I appreciate knowing that I'm not alone!

3. southernmommy

southernmommy Well-Known Member

I'll join you too. Ugg its been such a horrible week. to make it worse its rained all week so my very energtic boys have been stuck inside. We leave for vacaton on Sun so I have all the packing to do on top of cleaning the house.

I did sit down the other day and write a to do list so I'm slowly getting things done.

4. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I do need to write out a list. That always makes me feel better. I will say after my little cry I did feel a little better. I've gotten some done in the kitchen. There are just so many papers and I need to organize all the kids art stuff. I think I'm going to make a trip to target and get some organizers. We have enough play doh to last until their teens. The big kids do play well together in their room but they also get in trouble well. They hang off window sills, climb furniture. It's so frustrating. Once we can get outside and play more it will get better.

5. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

I hear you momma. My house is chaos. Twins rocked my otherwise neat and organized world. When I am at the brink of a meltdown over the mess, I pick one area (kitchen counter, bath tub, living room floor, refridgerator, etc.) and clean that. It usually only takes me 15 - 20 minutes. It is far from the whole house, but when it is done I can stand by the clean area and breathe a little easier knowing I have made some headway.

6. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

I hear you! I have piles of laundry that I need to do. Life is just too crazy!