SOCKS!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by h2believe, Nov 5, 2010.

1. h2believe

h2believe Well-Known Member

So is there anything out there that will help keep socks on?? I don't want my little one wearing shoes all day! Her feet are ice cold and she just won't keep socks on! Are there any kind of special slippers or socks out there that will STAY on a toddlers feet while in the house?? Keeping her in the footsie PJ's is not something I want to do..

I should add, she also has a hard time keeping her pants on LOL so this should prove to be a challenging winter on keeping her warm!

2. kgar

kgar Well-Known Member

I bought animal slippers from LL Bean. My girls love them, and they stay on.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

4. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

Sorry, no advice here. My girls don't ever stay dressed, then even try to get undressed while we are out in public. If they don't keep socks on they might not keep slippers on either. ;) i would just make it nice and toasty in the house for them.

1 person likes this.
  5. SC

SC Well-Known Member

Wish I had a good suggestion, too, but my one DS won't keep his socks on for a minute! I've stopped even putting them on him. We were out at a pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago and the temperature was pretty chilly. He was dressed up in a warm outfit with a zipped-up fleece coat with a hood and NO SOCKS! I could see people looking at us probably wondering why we don't put socks on our baby (his feet were cold)! We actually lost a sock there that day because we kept putting them back on him and he'd take them off and toss them away!

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yeah, mine don't like to keep them on either. I try to keep rugs on my floors (hardwood laminate) so it's not quite so cold, but their tootsies are still pretty cold. My dd likes to take her socks and shoes off in our vehicle too, she just hates having them on that much!

7. h2believe

h2believe Well-Known Member

Good to know I'm not alone!!

8. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

Ha ha - I have one with this issue. I did get some Target slippers and I talked them up. She hasn't messed with them yet. They are pretty difficult to get on. Like a long, sock slipper with traction on the bottom - in the baby aisle...not the shoe section.

9. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

WE have the same problem. My suggestion is Robeez, they work amazingly well and are just like slippers :)

10. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest Robeez too. My DS keeps them on and I use them like slippers. DD is so obsessed with shoes that she naps with them on, so I don't have to worry about her!

11. BubbleDragon

BubbleDragon Well-Known Member

We find Fruit of the Loom socks tend to stay on pretty well (except if they get bored in their cribs during a nap!!)

We really like these SkidDER slippers that my mom bought for the boys. They really are pretty "grippy" but they got used to them quick, and they stay on wonderfully!

12. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

OK, going to try Robeez. My DS is also a remover...came out of the grocery store last night with bare feet cause he wouldn't keep them on.

13. danabd

danabd Well-Known Member

I just got skidders or skideez shoes at target. They are so cute. Basically socks that stay put with a rubber sole. First time my kids have not tried to pull off and fit is perfect

14. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Argh.. I had to backtrack 3 kms the other day when one of my kids threw a sock and shoe out of the wagon! They are always barefoot... I don't even attempt to keep socks on them at home, but now that they're walking they do bother with their socks and shoes less.