Soo...what gifts were the big hits with your 1-4 y.o. kids?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Marieber, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

My girls love their Smart Cycle (they got the Click Start already for Hanukkah and love it too, but I think they might prefer the Smart Cycle.)

They love their new instruments - Bontempi sax and trumpet, and a very nice accordian (don't remember the brand but if anyone is interested).

They also love the paint with water pads I got them (whatever they are called) so that's a cheap no-mess thrill, their new inflatable sleeping bags from Leaps and Bounds.

And in general they loved opening all their gifts. It was a nice Christmas.

2. Angelasbabes

Angelasbabes Well-Known Member

All 3 of my kids got digital cameras. My 11 year old a 'real' camera and the boys got the fisher price kid proof ones.

Boyd LOVES his camera (he'd been stealing mine to take pictures) and had it full within 10 minutes! LOL Brody took awhile to warm up to his, but he's okay with it now.

Brody's favorite toy was a simple one piece fitting puzzles that you fit circles, squares, triangles into the holes designed for them, on pictures. He didn't want to open any more after that! LOL

Then there was the air hockey table. . . That was a HUGE hit!

We had a good Christmas as well.

3. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

Well, my mil got the kids these small ride on toys that she found for $40 each (they just run on D batteries).....so of course those were the big hits. :)

Otherwise, dd seemed most excited about clothes ;) and ds really loved the toy chainsaw that Daddy got him.

4. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

Well, the boys loved all of the toys. We got the bounce and spin Zebra and they love it. Note to self...should have bought two b/c the one not on the toy looks odd trying to sit on the Zebra's rear end and ride it. Other than that, they love the kitchen we got them and the little people. FWIW, Landon had to try on every outfit that he got when he opened it up. Good to know though - they all fit! Peyton on the other hand, he flew though openeing presents and seemed to like the sleepers.... ;) Anyways, Merry Christmas late! Happy holidays...

amanda

5. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

We got DD the giggling Elmo chair and she loves it. Grandparents got her a princess outfit and she learned that word pretty quick.
    DS loves his megablock truck and horse that walks and neighs.
    Lots of board books as well- they can't get enough.

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Emilie and Trevor each got a vacuum, which they love. Emilie got some baby dolls and Trevor got some trucks, we finally have some boy toys around here for him. They also got a ball pit, but we have not set it up yet, but I know they will love that. Just got to figure out where to put it.

7. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

the biggest hit was the Tonka Garbage Truck/Tow truck combo and a Pound Puppy that barks and wags its tail when you pet him!

8. Dani J.

Dani J. Well-Known Member

My kids LOVED their FP Digital Cameras. Jake figured out how to take pics, delete, scan pics, etc. immediately, he's a tech wiz ;)
    Sarah loves hers too but still needs some help. THey've been taking pics non stop!

Sarah also loves her polly pockets cruise ship and Jake loves his cars racetrack.

They still have a few more grandparents to see....3 more sets to be exact.

9. debid

debid Well-Known Member

The Power Wheels vehicle, hands down. They are also pretty thrilled with the scooters (Radio Flyer "my first scooter"). It was hard to get them to open their gifts because they just wanted to play with each thing they opened. They'd open a book and climb into my lap to have me read it before they could do anything else :D Anyway, it took a solid 4 hours for them to finish unwrapping and that was with a lot of encouragement. I was glad I stuck to my guns about breakfast first and unwrapping after! We let them see the tree with the presents around it and the car parked in front and they got in the car and drove it a little in the living room while DH filmed and Grandma cooked but the rest of the presents waited until they were fed.

10. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

Mag loved her FP camera, and her Click Start. Now that the excitement has worn off a little, she is really into the Barbies.

Beth and Jackie are loving the leap frog drum and maracas, and the animal fridge farm. They also got a crawl in tunnel/tent that they love but we have to find a better home for it so they can play in it some more.

11. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Our biggest hits...

Blake
    Tonka Truck Garbage Truck
    Thomas Roundhouse plus the gazillion new trains!
    Thomas rolling luggage!

Katelyn
    New doll stroller
    Princess rolling luggage
    Tea set
    Her new sparkle shoes-- she won't take them off!

12. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

For us it is the easel. They have been drawing nonstop!

13. hanknbeans

hanknbeans Well-Known Member

For us it was the Melissa and Doug Birthday Cake and the Polar Express Train.

14. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]Our big hits were:

A cash register with play money, a scanner and they can really punch in numbers.
    A shopping cart.....Mikayla has been "shopping up a storm" with her stuffed bunny in the seat.
    Caillou DVD
    Magnadoodles!!!

Bridget
    [/SIZE]

15. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Mine have hardly played with any of their presents yet!

They do really like the remote control truck -- it's for ages 2+ and just has two very simple buttons -- one to make it go forward, one to turn it when it runs into something. Even so, they have no clue how to really steer it, but they like pushing the button and making it go.

They also like the "real Thomas" trains they got to go with our Costco set, but they were already playing with the train set a lot, so that's not really a "new" thing.

And they like the finger puppets and little animals in their stockings (though I think they were equally as excited about the oranges!).

Sarah was very excited about the hippety-hop -- she clearly knew what it was for (they must have one at daycare) and tried to sit on it even though there was no air in it. We're not blowing it up until we take the tree down, though. :D

Most of their other presents are still in boxes, to be unpacked when I get around to it. (I hate dealing with all that packaging.) Also, I like to spread the new stuff out through the next several months. I haven't even given them their "big" presents yet (a wagon and an easel) because our house was too crowded with the tree and all the extra relatives yesterday. I'll bring out the easel when the tree is gone, and the wagon when the snow is gone.

16. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Le Cafe playhouse (very large!!!)
    Tonka Firetruck
    Kitchen set (with TOOOOOO much stuff to go with it!) (I'm personally a little disappointed in the kitchen)
    and Parking garage thing from e-toys.....

17. allgood2000

allgood2000 Well-Known Member

Drew got the Shake and Go crash speedway and it has been great fun for all my boys!

Nate really wanted 'baseball stuff', particularly Better Batter Baseball. However, that toy got horrible reviews, so I got him a less expensive Franklin pitching machine, T-ball batting helmet, and preschool baseball glove. I think the hat was the most important part of the gift..... :D He has worn it continually for the past 2 days! It was fun to make his Christmas dreams come true for $30! We haven't tried the pitching machine (mainly because we've received 10 inches of snow in the past 3 days......)

18. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

They love everything so far!

Ben's fave is a Disney Cars Mack truck that holds five diecast Cars hotwheels. Hannah loves her Twin Time dollhouse, and the little nursery furniture. They also received bikes (with training wheels of course) and have enjoyed riding them. We need to get out tomorrow though and really break them in!

19. LLA

LLA Well-Known Member

My parents got us a game table, and the boys are in love with the air hockey and foosball. In between opening presents, they would run out for a quick air hockey game through out the day.

20. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

The Rose Petal Cottage is adorable and they have been playing "house" non stop. Some other faves are their new Bitty babies from American girl and giant mural colring books. My favorite gift is my new chocolate brown Uggs, I have not taken them off!!!

21. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

My twins -- (15 mos old)

Rianna
    F/P Twins Dolls
    Discovery House "My First Sweet Home" www.constplay.com (I love this one for her!)
    Little Tikes "Shopping Cart"
    Pottery Barn "My First Chair"

Justin
    F/P "Fun N'Speedway
    Mega Bloks "Fast Tracks"
    Elmo Music from Target
    Pottery Barn "My First Chair" Superman

22. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

So far it looks like the Dress Me Up Ernie and Pooh are the big hits. Also the FP Little People Parking Garage, the shopping carts, and an "addition" to their kitchen (a fridge/sink/microwave hand-me-down from cousins).

23. mom2twinboyz

mom2twinboyz Active Member

My boys are 18 months old.

The big hits were by far the Step 2 Kitchen, Fischer Price Singing & Counting Piggy Bank, and a Fischer Price Singing Vacuum and The Airport Little People Play set! They also love their Diego ride on car...but overall are really fascinated by the kitchen. Nathan already talks on the play phone while putting a mug in and out of the microwave and then pretends to drink from it! It is so cute! I guess he sees mommy talking on the phone and drinking her coffee every morning and imitates that. :p

24. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

They like everything and my house looks like a toy store. The biggest hits were the kitchen, tool bench, drum set, and keyboard. Now...my house looks like a toy store and sounds like a really loud band. :rolleyes:

25. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

The digital camera is a big hit here as well. Of course, the girls are just enchanted with all of Dax's toys and all three of them can play with the Fisher Price Learning House for hours. Other than that, I'd say the girls favorites are their video games and the little wooden animals, wooden nesting houses, and playsilks.

26. Angela0580

Angela0580 Well-Known Member

They love there Rose Petal Cottage, but it is still at Grandma's house since our Christmas tree is in the place were going to put it. They also love all there books, corn poppers (super annoying, from there aunt) baby dolls and baby doll strollers.

27. 2girls2b

2girls2b Well-Known Member

Our girls love their Junior Quads Power Wheels (except they are constantly going in reverse) and their Doodle Pros. They also love their shopping carts and doll strollers (except they try to climb into them). They also got some Elmos and baby dolls that they carry around. Like some of the others, whenever they opened clothes, they got obsessed and wanted to put the new clothes on. It was really cute!

28. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

29. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

My guys liked their Mickey Mouse clubhouse set, FP Bouncing Zebra, Mickey Mouse and Keyboard, a Elmo Vacuum, and Little Einsteins rocket. They also love CARS diecasts because they love their older brother's toys. Santa even left the twins diecasts this year.

30. aimeemolloy

aimeemolloy Well-Known Member

My daughter loves her KITCHEN!!! (from Costco) and the many food items we bought to go with it.

31. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

My kids' favorites were the Leap Frog ClickStart (which I actually think is a lot of fun, too!!) and a plain old plastic easel!

32. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

So far, the FAVORITES of my 3 year olds are:

Dora & Diego coloring books and crayons
    cheap, little magnifying glasses I found in the loot bag section at iParty
    pink & blue cowboy hats (I think I paid a $1.00 for each)

33. cellomom

cellomom Well-Known Member

So far, the favorites are the FP Twin Time Dollhouse (they fight over the crib, which has a mobile that plays music and lights up, and love to drive the gas grill like it's a 4x4...)

and the Jelly Bean Jumper from Grandma and Grandpa. With all the awful weather in the northeast, this has been a great way to expend some energy!

-Karen

34. twindependent

twindependent Well-Known Member

Now *I* want a Jelly Bean Jumper! ;)

My boys have been obsessed with their Viewmasters, the Parents brand Animal Hospital thingey, and their mini Roboraptors. Also the harmonicas from a music set. It seems someone is ALWAYS playing one!

35. Becky444

Becky444 Well-Known Member

Twin time dollhouse
    Kitchen (NON stop play)
    Mack trucks from Cars and race way
    Lamp for Dylans room! Major incentive to go on potty!