SOOOO sick of teething!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinzmom2b, Dec 6, 2006.

1. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

My girls have been just horrible this week with their teething. Morgan just popped 3 canine (pointy) teeth and her top 2 molars are already half though. Reagan just got one canine (with 3 more on the way) and her top molars are also half through. We've had a week of nothing but crying, screaming, frustration, Motrin, Tylenol and teething tablets. They refuse to eat and if I do try and give them a snack, it ends up smashed somewhere in a corner all over my carpet b/c they didn't really want it.

Where did my little sweeties go? They are putting their fingers in their mouth to sooth the teeth, toys in the mouth, etc, well as soon as they hit one of those teeth wrong it's a scream fest.

I wish there was something I could do. Poor things....it's just GOT to hurt.

2. twinzmom2b

My girls have been just horrible this week with their teething. Morgan just popped 3 canine (pointy) teeth and her top 2 molars are already half though. Reagan just got one canine (with 3 more on the way) and her top molars are also half through. We've had a week of nothing but crying, screaming, frustration, Motrin, Tylenol and teething tablets. They refuse to eat and if I do try and give them a snack, it ends up smashed somewhere in a corner all over my carpet b/c they didn't really want it.

Where did my little sweeties go? They are putting their fingers in their mouth to sooth the teeth, toys in the mouth, etc, well as soon as they hit one of those teeth wrong it's a scream fest.

I wish there was something I could do. Poor things....it's just GOT to hurt.

3. lettered olive

lettered olive Well-Known Member

Well I can't really say anything other than you are not alone! My DD has been cutting all four of those pointy teeth and she has been clingy, whining, crying, you name it....last night she was up for 2 hours from 3am to 5am! I am one tired mommy from all that.

So when you are having a terrible day just think of the other mommies out there who are right there with ya! This too shall pass....

Karen

4. newfiefreckle

newfiefreckle Well-Known Member

Becky it stinks, but once these are in you will probably have at least 6-12 months of no more teething. Hang in there hun.

5. twinzmom2b

quote:
    ....last night she was up for 2 hours from 3am to 5am! I am one tired mommy from all that.

Awe Karen, I hope you get some better sleep tonight. One thing I can say is that teething has NEVER woken my girls up in the middle of the night (knock on wood)! Now that I say that they will be up all night. Ha!

6. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I put ice cubes in those mesh feeder things - do you have those? It seemed to help. Just be prepared for them to get wet! I hope it gets better soon. Teething is miserable [​IMG]

7. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

No words of wisdom here but I am right there with you. I have no idea what teeth are coming in (she won't open her mouth to let you see). She has been up every night this week, drooling all over the place, and the little bugger bit me last night. I will be glad when we get to a teething hiatus. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

8. Tam1969

Tam1969 Well-Known Member

Lots of hugs to you and the girls. I hope they come through soon! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Oh we're right there with you! It's like, does it EVER end?? Poor babies, I feel so awful for them. The front of Bea's shirt is all wet from drooling today. [​IMG] If it's not teething, it's colds around here. Library Story Time should be called Germ Time.

10. katie c

katie c Well-Known Member

Becky,
    sorry to hear your having a hard time wiht the girls teething.
    Harvey has a fair few teeth but boy was he miserable when he was getting them he really suffers from nappy rash it looks so sore I could cry for him. Ember on the other hand only has 4 teeth and to be honest I didn't have a clue she was getting them.

Hope the girls are soon feeling better xx