Sore after U/S

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Alli Baby, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Alli Baby

Alli Baby Well-Known Member

Hello, I have been lurking on this site for a while but haven't posted until now. I am 12w4d pg with twins. Yesterday I had my 2nd u/s and everything was great with the babies. However, the tech. pushed and drug the wand so hard over my belly that I am sore today. She was really good and answered all of my questions...I'm thinking b/c I'm so early she had to press harder to see the twins. It's not like I'm in pain...just tender. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks! I look forward to meeting everyone [​IMG]

2. Alli Baby

Hello, I have been lurking on this site for a while but haven't posted until now. I am 12w4d pg with twins. Yesterday I had my 2nd u/s and everything was great with the babies. However, the tech. pushed and drug the wand so hard over my belly that I am sore today. She was really good and answered all of my questions...I'm thinking b/c I'm so early she had to press harder to see the twins. It's not like I'm in pain...just tender. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks! I look forward to meeting everyone [​IMG]

3. Mrs.Bears

Mrs.Bears Active Member

same thing happened to me yesterday.....I have had internals up until now and was suprized they were going to do it the other way and it really HURT!

4. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I haven't had that kind of experience with an ultrasound (and had abdominal at both 10.5 and 12.5 wks.), but I just wanted to say Congrats on your twins and Welcome!!

5. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me for the first time on Tues, and I'm pretty far along. My belly is getting really tight now, and the tech was pushing hard, and right across my belly button which has popped out - ouch!! I almost said something, but it went pretty quickly. My DH saw me wincing, and was looking worried. I think it just depends on the tech, maybe.

6. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

I had a 2 1/2 hour u/s with Dr. Quintero and after that, I was horribly sore for the rest of the day and the next day. They were pushing and everything for so long it just plain sucked! It's funny I got so excited for ultrasounds with my son... this time.. ugh! lol

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Yes! they push pretty hard to see my baby A - and it does hurt!
    the first time it happened - the tech said I will have to push hard -
    I thought ok how bad can it be? WELL! OUCH!!!! and my bladder was full- I thought I might wet myself!!!

8. Alli Baby

Thanks for your responses. I'm feeling much better today. It's good to know I'm not the only one hurt by the u/s tech [​IMG]

9. kayleesmama

kayleesmama Well-Known Member

Oh yes...I was sore after my last one...it was an hour long. We have another one next Friday.