Sore pubic bone

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Raneysmama, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

For those of you who have had this, how early did you start noticing it? Within the past few days, I've noticed that it's already tender (just if I push on it or am pulling up pants). I know this is part of pregnancy and caused by the hormone relaxin, etc. I just wonder if it's normal this early, as I don't want my body to be preparing for childbirth TOO soon.

I will bring it up at my next appointment to see what the doctor says.

2. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

For those of you who have had this, how early did you start noticing it? Within the past few days, I've noticed that it's already tender (just if I push on it or am pulling up pants). I know this is part of pregnancy and caused by the hormone relaxin, etc. I just wonder if it's normal this early, as I don't want my body to be preparing for childbirth TOO soon.

I will bring it up at my next appointment to see what the doctor says.

3. karyinny

karyinny Member

I definitely got the pubic pain that early. I am 35 weeks now and it has subsided in the last few weeks. I guess it did all its stretching early on!

4. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

I actually found this site because of that complaint. I have felt it from about 15 weeks and am still feeling it. I spoke to my doc about it and he said that it is normal (you are expecting twins you know, was his reaction) and that I should avoid whatever aggrevates it. Which to me feels like almost everything I do aggrevates it. He also said tht walking helps. Again he has never been pregnant and when the pain is at its worse the last thing I feel like is doing anything other than lie down and feel sorry for myself. [​IMG]

5. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I'm 18 weeks and starting to feel the pressure down there. I remember feeling like i had a bowling ball sitting on the other side of my pubic bone when I was pregnant with my ds, and there was only one kid in there! I can't imagine how the coming months will affect that. As for that doctor's hilarious suggestion that walking helps--BLECH!! It hurts!

6. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

Mine isn't really tender to the touch... but the pelvic pressure/pain when I walk, roll over, lift up one leg like to get dressed... OMGosh! It's horrible already! I started having it around 20 weeks probably.

7. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

It started around 16 wks for me, also. Grew worse as time went on. I've learned some of hte reasons it gets triggered and can avoid most of it now, but other times I literally cry out in pain, which brings DH and DD running - I hope it goes away right away after the babies are born!

8. Tina Ross

Tina Ross Well-Known Member

Mine started early also..I hurt the most when I'm in bed and it's time to roll over..Thats when I want to cry [​IMG].It hurts so bad..I just hope it doesnt get worse cause I dont know if I can take it..I sleep with a pillow between the knees but really dont know if that helps..

9. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

yep,already here... [​IMG] it usually happens when I roll over in the middle of the night.

10. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

I felt it as early on as you which surprised me, as I had none of it with my singleton pregnancy til 3rd trimester. Must be double the hormones/double the relaxin!

11. Mrs.B

Mrs.B Well-Known Member

I just started having this a few weeks ago. It seems to have gone away though so there is light at the end of the tunnel (I hope)...

12. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

I , too, was surprised at how early I noticed this fierce pain! I want to say it was around 14-16 weeks - MUCH earlier than the singleton pregnancy. I didn't know at the time that I was having twins, so I thought that was really strange, to have that pain so early. I will say, it lasted for several weeks, went away for a few, came back for a few and is now gone again. So, hang in there!

13. ~*CHELS*~

~*CHELS*~ Well-Known Member

I started feeling it early as well. about 16 weeks. I NEVER felt this at all with my singlton. it hurts just to walk sometimes. The OB tells me its "normal" and just to sit as much as I can. I wish mine would go away. I can't wait to move normaly again. Sleeping is when it is the worst with me as well. Only I have another problem I was born with my ribs backwords (hard to explain) So along with pelvic pain and Layla sleeping in my ribs I feel like they are broken in 20 different places already [​IMG]