Sorry for TMI but aunt flo? Seriously?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Heathermomof5, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Again sorry for the TMI but here goes!!!

Right after Easton was born I did not bleed much. Then when he was 4.5 weeks old it picked up and then stopped at my 6 week check my dr said it could have been a period!!?? . Then about 2 weeks ago I spotted a little and it was gone. Well today it is a little more it started off as dark and old but it is pinker now and not going away. I have never had this happen with any other baby the soonest I ever had any spotting or anything was with the twins at 10 months. I exclusively breastfeed no supplements! Easton is 8 WEEKS old !!!!!! I guess it is a cycle? Anyone else have this happen so soon?? UHG!!!!

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug: I feel your pain! With the twins <she> returned at about 7/8 months. With Evan it was more like 3/4 months. :( Sorry.

3. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

With my last I was back having my period by 8 weeks as well, exclusively breastfeeding. I think it may be one of those things that just happens after having a few.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How many times is he nursing at night? If he's sleeping well, that can be why. EMMsMom has some great info on that in another thread in here.

5. Heathermomof5

He does sleep well at night! He is actually the best night time sleeper I have ever had! He nurses maybe twice all night

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

...and there is the trade-off. Evidently nursing moms can either get sleep or Aunt Flo. ;) Sometimes it sucks being a woman. :aggressive:

7. Heathermomof5

Aaarrrggg!!!!!

8. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

So sorry! This is only my second pg but with the twins I didn't stop my post-delivery bleeding until 12 weeks! I sure hope with this one I get a break between that and AF.

9. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Its possible you could get rid of your period again too... The milk-making hormones that suppress ovulation are highest between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. Nighttime nursing is important to the suppression of fertility. Sleeping with your baby facilitates unrestricted feeding at night. I.e.- the more they eat at night specifically during that time frame the less likely you are to have your period return. You also want to avoid any bottles or pacifiers. You want ALL sucking to occur at the breast to maximize breastfeeding as birth control.

Have you read about LAM?

1 person likes this.
  10. Heathermomof5

I guess it wasn't an actual period. More like random spotting. Thanks for the info!!! He does sleep with me and is on no set schedule he can nurse whenever and for as long as he wants!he does sleep 4 hours straight at night maybe it was a try to be a period that was suppressed?! All I know is that I am afraid to not wear a pad lol!!

I have not read about LAM. What is that?

11. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Heres a good link if it WAS a period you are the lucky 7% madam. Keep us updated!

12. Heathermomof5

Lol!!! Thanks that was a great link thanks!!! I will keep you guys updated!

13. Heathermomof5

Looks like I am in the lucky 7%. - why couldn't I have won the lottery instead lol!

14. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

The craziest thing! I have not gotten my period this month. I should have gotten it on the 9th. Nothing in my pattern has changed. I got it last month even though I was nursing all day and all night...she sleeps with me. So who knows, maybe it was a fluke!

15. Heathermomof5

I hope it was a fluke - it was the heaviest most awful period I have ever had if it continues I will have to take drastic measures and have something done. I am terrified to do anything drastic because I am afraid I will end up very depressed.

16. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Heather I spoke too soon! :grr:

17. Heathermomof5

I am sorry!!!!!!!!