sources for matching boy/girl twin clothes?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mommylaura, Mar 22, 2011.

1. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

I know I won't have the luxery of dressing them in coordinated clothing for long! Does anyone have good suggestions for coordinated boy/girl twin outfits? Thanks!

2. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I had good luck at Carter's for awhile. Mostly I would find something I liked for my DD and then coordinate my DS with the colors in her outfit.

3. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

We always struggled with this, too. For holidays, you can usually find coordinating things at Gymboree and Crazy 8s, plus there's a cute website best dressed child that has adorable matching outfits, but too pricey for me...I've found cute things there but never actually bought anything. For day to day play clothes, I pretty much gave up. If I found a few outfits with matching colors, I was happy and saved them for days we were going out somewhere. Carters usually has at least one or two things that coordinate...I had a saleperson who used to always point them out for me if I asked about it.

4. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback! I eneded up ordering some handmade stuff off of etsy for them, but will also run by the stores and look. I don't dress them alike very often, but I do want to enjoy it while I can ;) I tell my husband that dressing them alike is my reward for carrying two babies in my stomach for 9 months...

5. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

Childrens place. Thats where I get some coordinating outfits. however that was last year when they were still in infant clothes. I hope to go Sunday to look for spring and easter outfits and will let you know

6. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

Sometimes I have better luck just trying to find matches at different stores... matching up a color in the outfit. or even finding a match for a hand-me-down outfit that my dd gets etc. the other suggestions are my other main sources.

Actually I find that Gymboree doesn't have much stuff for matching.

good luck!

7. MistyP

MistyP Well-Known Member

chezami.com has cute stuff, a bit pricey though.

8. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

We do lots of Orient Expressed and Kelly's Kids (www.orientexpressed.com and www.kellyskids.com) for my four. Pricey, yes, but if you are disciplined you can recoup 50% or more on eBay when you outgrow it.