Speaking of overdosing

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sullivanre, Jun 21, 2010.

1. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Typing on iPhone so I'll make it quick

Speaking of overdosing, my DH overdosed one of our boys recently, and I think this should be a public service announcement for parents of small children. We ran out of childrens Tylenol, so he decided to give them the concentrated infants drops in the childrens dosage-- one teaspoon. I was so ticked I yellled at him, and immediately called the pedi. He gave Mark between 2-3 times the proper dosage because he didn't know the infants drops
    were concentrated. I realized it's an honest mistake, and he's probably not the first parent to do that.

Mark was fine, but this could cause liver problems if it had been done repeatedly.

2. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness...That serves as a good reminder to all of us! Thanks for sharing. Glad he was OK!!

3. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

EEK! :eek: I'd have yelled at him too!

Btw, who is that drop dead gorgeous little girl in your avi? :wub:

4. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you've been holding out on us. :p

5. sullivanre

Thanks Holly and Val. Valerie, check out my photo gallery--I put some baby pics up there about a week ago.

I just can't believe that my Dh didn't know the infant drops were concentrated. He didn't read the lable and just assumed they were the same.

6. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Oblivious male syndrome. :rolleyes: Once in a while, it is tempting to buy into the gender stereotypes... :p

7. sullivanre

In his case, he really does fit the stereotype. I can't begin to tell you how much he ticks me off. It's like he can't be bothered with things like reading labels or comparing prices or anything that requires detail. :headbang: You should see us arguing while preparing for the move.