Spent the night in the hospital....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Lrnomder, May 6, 2013.

1. Lrnomder

Lrnomder Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! Just wanted to update the community with what has been going on lately and see if anyone has had any similar experiences. I am currently 35 wks and 5 days. Yesterday I started having contractions every 6 minutes apart and they grew increasingly stronger in pressure so I went to the hospital just to be safe. I was checked and no dilation was occurring but as a precaution I was kept overnight on monitors and hooked up to an iv just in case the contractions became active labor. I was dishcgareged this morning with the plan that At this point my dr said there's no point in stopping labor. We are just playing the waiting game. I am still contracting the same but as soon as it progresses I was told to come back and get prepped for a c-section due to baby A being breech. I was hoping to make it past Thursday since I will have reached my goal of 36 weeks and I have my last 3d ultrasound and fetal weight assessment which I was really looking forward to. Has anyone had a similar experience or have any advice as to keeping these babies in a few days longer?

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

The only advice I can give you is to rest and drink lots of water. Good luck!

3. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Good advice! Hang in there!!

4. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

Hope you are still 'keeping them in'.
    What was their last weight estimate?

My Los were borns at 36 weeks and did great.
    Thinking of you.

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Hang in there and get lots of rest in the meantime. It wont' be long until you can meet your babies. :)

6. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My dudes were born at 35 w 5 d and spent 1 night in the NICU for blood sugar. It was really smooth! Even if you delivered today there's a really good chance they'll do just great. Hang in there.. not long now :)

7. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You can try to put yourself on bedrest, it doesnt sound like it will be long!! How exciting! Mine were also born at 35wk 5 days and never saw the NICU.

8. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

I'm excited for you that you've made it this far! My ultrasound tech said being well rested and hydrated really keeps cervical length longer so I would just focus on resting and drinking as PP mentioned but either way I don't think I'd stress out so much since you're so near full term.

9. Lrnomder

Thank you everyone for your replies and advice! I am still carrying these little ones. Although the contractions haven't stopped Ive been drinking alot of water and they seem to have eased up a little on the pain side but I still feel alot of pressure. I'm hanging in there though. @ daisies four weeks ago they were 3.5 and 4.4 pounds and I find out tomorrow what they weigh currently and I will definitley update everyone with what the dr says. I am just extremely happy to have made it to 36 weeks which Is today and was my overall goal!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Great job on making it this far! Hope they stay just a little longer. I, too, had my girls just shy of 36 weeks and they did great...no NICU time, just some problems with body temp regulation.

11. Lrnomder

I just got back from the dr and the babies were both breech and in funky positions to where the tech couldn't get accurate measurements to obtain their weight. The dr scheduled a csection for the 22nd which is two weeks away. He said I most likely won't make it because my belly measured four weeks overdue but he wants me to try. overall everything else is going good and I'm just going to take it easy and drink lots of water and wait for these little ones to decide when they are ready . I'm so anxious!

12. paperclippy

paperclippy Well-Known Member

Good luck! At 36+ weeks they should be just fine. :)

1 person likes this.