Spinoff: Do you have any snowbabies (frozen embryo)?

Discussion in 'General' started by JDMummy, May 21, 2007.

1. 3greysandamutt

3greysandamutt Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Mtrapnell @ Jun 2 2008, 03:39 PM) [snapback]805853[/snapback]
    ...I would love to know if anyone has done a natural frozen embryo cycle that has resulted in a pregnancy. ....I am hoping to go this route and want to give my embryos a fair chance, but don't want to go through the injections and drugs again. ....

I believe that there are many moms on this forum who have gotten pg from frozen embryo transfer! I hope one of them can give you more insight. I DO know that the medication protocol is NOWHERE near an IVF protocol. When I prepped for a FET cycle, I think I was only on estrogen pills.

I had 2 embies left after my 1st IVF. We attempted to thaw and use them when my DD was about 20 months old. The embryos did not survive the thaw. Now, we have one embryo left from my second IVF. I really want a 4th baby, so I am hoping that the embryo is viable, and gives us the baby that will complete our family! I will try a FET after I wean my boys (don't know exactly when; probably within the next year/year-and-a-half - so my embie will have been frozen for 2/2-and-a-half years).

:hug99: to all of you who had many embryos to figure out what to do with... I don't know what I would have done if I had 7 or 10 or 35 embryos left, but I'm glad that I wasn't faced with that decision!

2. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

I was torn with letting go of the snow babies. However, I felt that in the 3-5 years we may want more children that it would be better to go fresh for a new IVF.