(Spinoff) How WAS your mother's day?

Discussion in 'General' started by MNTwinSquared, May 13, 2015.

1. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

So, speak up.. how did your mother's day go?  Was it as expected?  What things happened that you liked?  What could have been better?

2. pretty girl

pretty girl Well-Known Member

Terrible. My boyfriend missed the memo that HE is not a mother and it was not a day about him

1 person likes this.
  3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Just another day, as expected.  My husband did buy a card for the kids to sign but I had to badger them to sign it...  It's the thought that counts?

1 person likes this.
  4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Pretty fantastic. Went for a mani/pedi on Friday then out for margaritas. Spent Saturday drinking wine and watching Firefly. Had a great drive home on Sunday. Snuggled my kids and refused to tidy anything up. :good:

2 people like this.
  5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was happy with my Mother's Day.  I received the gift I wanted...an electric pencil sharpener.  Because the amount of pencils I have to sharpen for school, the dollar store pencil sharpener was not cutting it.  My husband also got me a gift card to Joann Fabrics and made me a dinner of stuff I liked (seafood).  Since my Mom had to work her part time job that day, she came up on Tuesday and we went out for our Mother's Day dinner.
    It was a good day!

1 person likes this.
  6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that some had a crummy mother's day :(

Mine was pretty nice and I got to do everything I wanted except one thing.  Visited with my sister and the new baby, planted my garden with two helpers, got awesome home made cards and poems, and DH made a nice dinner.  The only thing I didn't get to do was take out the kayak, but I ran out of time and chose holding a baby over kayaking for the first time this season.  It was worth it! 

2 people like this.
  7. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine was okay.  Pretty mellow.   DH had to work from home, so i had to take the girls out of the house.  We went shopping for them to spend some of their birthday money.  We just walked around target till DH texted me he was done with his call.  

Girls made me lots of interesting stuff.  Was so excited about it.  

8. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

boring which was ok...IL's went to FL so we didn't have to trek down to see them.  Had an awesome b-day party for the kids the night before so I *might* have been slightly hung over LOL...took them shopping to spend birthday gift cards, visited with my mom and just hung out.

9. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Meh. I need a week on the beach.

3 people like this.
  10. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine was actually pretty good-the kids had made handmade gifts (I imagine they were projects at school), Seth got me a bluetooth Bose speaker for our deck. We love to sit out there and have drinks with friends and now we can add music to the parties :)  He took the kids to get donuts 'for me' (but mostly them, lol) while I went grocery shopping.  I didnt mind because while I was out I ran some flowers and a card to my mom at work.
    In the afternoon we went with our friends on a hike and then watched a movie when we got home.  Seth asked me what I wanted for dinner and so I asked for his meatloaf, its my favorite.  Over all that may have been one of the best mother's days.  I keep my expectations pretty low.

11. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Mine was low key and relaxing. The girls played, Paul cooked dinner, and I got cards. The highlight was the mimosas Paul served me while I read. That must be how the wealthy live. ;)

12. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Mine was pretty typical of any day.  I got a school made card from my youngest, but apparently in fourth grade teachers don't do any mother's day card projects with the students.  I didn't get any cards from the twins.  Hubby did order a tulips/iris arrangement with a card for me.  I still had to do stuff around the house.

It is still my favorite holiday.

13. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

We were out of state for my DD's soccer tournament, so mine was a bit different. It was nice to have the whole family together, and my kids were focused all day on making sure I was having a good day. My daughters team won the tournament for their division, so that was a bonus. The family got me a new griddle and lots of flowers and plants for my various garden. All in all, it was a very nice day!

I had taken my mom out for breakfast on the Wednesday before, and it was nice to have a couple hours alone with my mom.

14. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I want a week on a beach!  When can we run away from home and go?

1 person likes this.
  15. maryjfb

maryjfb Member

It started out good. Dh and the girls started to spoil me, got me chai, very nice cards.  

Then my mom texted and said their cat was ill. So I met them at the ER vet. They ended up having to put the cat down due to a blood clot that paralyzed the cat's back legs, often linked with heart issues. It turned out to be a sad Mother's Day. 

16. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Drop everything you're doing and I'll come and pick you up.

17. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so sorry to hear about your mother's cat :hug: