Spinoff on their own rooms - dollhouse(s)

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Babies4Susan, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the great advice on their own rooms. Now one of my DDs has been saying she wants her own dollhouse for Christmas. Two Christmases ago, G got a nice, tall Costco dollhouse. It sits in their current shared toyroom. But it is G's dollhouse, although she knows to share it nicely. But she's creative/artsy, and she's got it decorated with her own flair (think Phoebe's dollhouse on Friends). L "doesn't like the way G decorates it" and wants her own for Christmas. Another reason to get their own rooms, because there's not space in the toyroom for two of these things. L would definitely put the furniture in the rooms they belong, not have ribbons, flowers, and hair things decorating the house, and not keep anything but Barbies and furniture in her house (not Littlest Pet Shop, My Little Pony, etc.)

So, do any of your twins have their own separate dollhouses? L doesn't play with the dollhouse, and I hesitate to invest in one for her, but then maybe she doesn't play with it because she doesn't like the way it is decorated. Ugh! Just curious, it would end up being her big Christmas present.

2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Can you keep your eye out for a gently used one? That way you don't invest as much? Sorry, other than that, I have no advice because of my kids ages and gender.

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Tough one. Depends on what else she wants for Christmas I guess. If all she's asking for is a dollhouse, I'd get her one.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think you should get it for her if she consistently says she wants it. I think she should have the opportunity to not like it or love it on her terms.

5. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

We have three dollhouses, of which two are in the attic because they were never played with. For some reason, my girls just don't have an interest in them.