spinoff to question about the beach

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jun 9, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

when you bring your LOs to the beach, what types of things do you do with them? im nervous to go by myself bc one will be crawling everywhere, etc. could i bring something small and minimal to keep them happy and busy? do you feed your LOs food while at the beach?

2. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I've only brought them to the beach once so far this year, and I had DH with me. I honestly would have a tough time if it were just me, but my guys are in the "legs on, ears off" phase so they're running everywhere and don't listen! :lol:

We brought easy snacks (goldfish and watermelon) plus water/juice. We went down to the water, back up for snacks, then down to the water afterward. Balls are a good distraction. Buy some cheap ones that you won't mind if you lose. And don't forget 2 buckets and 2 shovels so they can dig in the sand! :)

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup, I agree with Valerie. Bring drinks, small snacks and don't forget the shovels and buckets. Last year when we took our two to the beach for the day, they were fascinated by the sea shells, so I would also bring some little ziploc bags so they can keep their shells in.
    I don't think, even at 2, that I would take my twosome to the beach by myself yet. Maybe when they can swim and listen better.

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

I could never do the beach alone :blush: We've only done it a couple times and the biggest thing was keeping sand out of everything! So being organized is key and for us we did cracker type stuff as a snack and then did the major lunch eating in the car or in the stroller on the way back to the car.
    Have fun!