Spotting...late second, early third trimester

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jessietrio, Aug 19, 2010.

1. jessietrio

jessietrio Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies...just looking for some reassurance here.

I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant and have been having regular spotting for the last 2.5 weeks.

Background: sorry if tmi, but because it is not bright red blood, but brown, my doc is not worried...says it is old blood. I had a manual cervix check at 25w3d for major back pain and BH and to rule out PTL. Other than that...no intercourse :blush: or other such activities that could irritate internally.

Maybe it is a hormone rush?? My mind keeps digging...

Any thoughts or reassurances on this? TIA!

2. scottyswifey

scottyswifey Well-Known Member

My thoughts are if your Dr. isn't worried, then I don't think you should worry... I know it's hard not to though! I have learned that I need to trust my Dr. and just think that if they say everything is normal then it must be. If you are really worried though you could always get a second opinion from a different Dr. or go to the ER and get it checked out! Good Luck!!! :hug:

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

The fact that it is brown is a good thing, means old blood. It could be from the cervix check a few weeks back. It is just now coming out.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used to worry a lot about the bleeding like that... mine was also from a cervix-check. I had an older nurse check me and she said that she could see a tiny bit of blood on the transvaginal u/s wand. I had to keep reminding myself that moms pregnant with twins have twice the blood volume of a normal person- tissues are INFLAMED. :girl_devil: